Time to boycott Subway i think?

The ignorance of those who can't see why UKIP will win the coming elections at a canter is staggering.

You mean Council, European or General?

The European is easy because of PR

Council also easy.

Heneral much harder.

How many seats do you think they will win at General?

You sell what you want in a shop. Greggs don't sell booze and fags, they're a retail outlet.

Apart from not being licensed to sell either.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 16:01 ----------

So, what emotion were you trying to convey. You're not being very clear.

Why would they when their target demographic don't eat bacon?

jb

Ive checked my heart rate and im fine, just happily posting on a topic, my emotions are all in check, its called an opinion.

If the non halal ones start selling turkey ham as a choice then so be it.

Is it healthy for a mainstream food establishment in a public place to have a specific "target demographic"?

If your customer base happens to consist largely of muslims or non muslims who arent deterred by Halal, then that forms your customer base. Its no bad thing to form an idea of who your customers are and cater to their needs with a view to transacting the most business and obtaining the largest profit.

Are you saying its wrong for business to focus on a particular target market if thats where they feel the most profit is?

No, because it would require a redesign of the outlets to prevent cross contamination.

In Sheffield at least, the halal outlets (all three of them) are only a few hundred metres away from a non halal outlet, so if you're desperate for bacon, you can burn off a few more of the mega calories by walking a bit further.

Cross contamination? Contamination is a strong word.

Cant muslims eat non halal and say a prayer before doing so?

Why not just do that and save the aggro.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 16:08 ----------

Yellow peril are you a regular customer at Subway?

Do you buy bacon sandiwches there?

Has your branch changed to an Halal one?

Will you now be boycitting the chain, find an alternative sandwich shop or quit with the bacon?

Had a subway once, it was ok.

I wont be going again as im against any form of islamification no matter how small.

Ill not be quitting the bacon and brown sauce no.

Bit of a daft analogy really.
Not really. Quite apt given the ignorance displayed thus far.

Is it healthy for a mainstream food establishment in a public place to have a specific "target demographic" based on religious, and lets face it, racial grounds.

Yes. Care to name me an Indian restaurant that sells pork curry?

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 16:10 ----------

Apart from not being licensed to sell either.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 16:01 ----------

Ive checked my heart rate and im fine, just happily posting on a topic, my emotions are all in check, its called an opinion.

If the non halal ones start selling turkey ham as a choice then so be it.

And are you going to boycott them until they do? What about other food outlets are you going to boycott all of them that do not offer both pork products and pork substitutes? If not, why not?

jb

Cross contamination? Contamination is a strong word.

Cant muslims eat non halal and say a prayer before doing so?

Why not just do that and save the aggro.

No, they can't.

Had a subway once, it was ok.

I wont be going again as im against any form of islamification no matter how small.

Ill not be quitting the bacon and brown sauce no.

And finally we get there. Plain and simple islamaphobia. Glad we got to the bottom of that one. Now, are you going to boycott Indian curry houses for not selling beef as it is against their beliefs or is it just Muslims you hate?

jb