Time to boycott Subway i think?

It is just the latest attempt by the minority to impose their beliefs and way of life on the majority.

A decision made by the bosses of Subway to allow franchises to offer a halal menu in 2007. Hardly latest, and hardly a minority imposing beliefs.

When a supermarket sells halal food it doesnt stop selling non-halal does it?

Why do subway think theyve got to?

Offer it as a choice, dont take the choice away.

They've not taken the choice away, they've added a choice. Nearly all, if not all, of the halal Subway outlets have been as such since they opened. They can't stop selling non-halal if they never have.

If they offer the choice they please all sides, that makes more sense.

No they don't, I wouldn't eat there if you dragged me. As a choice maker I go elsewhere.

You never please everyone.

This, sounded outraged to me. If not then what is it? What emotion are you trying to express?

jn

If you think thats outraged you really dont want to see me when i am! Lol

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 15:29 ----------

A decision made by the bosses of Subway to allow franchises to offer a halal menu in 2007. Hardly latest, and hardly a minority imposing beliefs.

They've not taken the choice away, they've added a choice. Nearly all, if not all, of the halal Subway outlets have been as such since they opened. They can't stop selling non-halal if they never have.

Can the halal ones start selling bacon then please?

Surely providing for both Muslims and non-Muslims would make better business sense. People wanting a bacon sandwich will now have to go elsewhere. Where is the business sense in that?

Best thing in world a nice bacon butty, on nice thick cut bread with brown sauce :):)

My standards! You seem to be making alot of assumptions here.

Like i said, offer a choice and let us all know. Wheres the problem.

Nope, just going by what you've posted. You've taken umbrage that (some) halal Subways do not sell bacon yet seem unconcerned that non halal Subways do not sell the bacon substitute (turkey ham). If it's just a matter of choice to you then BOTH should sell BOTH products irregardless of how well they sell.

If it is because of something else then please enlighten us! Why is one a matter of concern and not the other?

jb

If you think thats outraged you really dont want to see me when i am! Lol
So, what emotion were you trying to convey. You're not being very clear.

Can the halal ones start selling bacon then please?

Why would they when their target demographic don't eat bacon?

jb