Time to boycott Subway i think?

Can the halal ones start selling bacon then please?

No, because it would require a redesign of the outlets to prevent cross contamination.

In Sheffield at least, the halal outlets (all three of them) are only a few hundred metres away from a non halal outlet, so if you're desperate for bacon, you can burn off a few more of the mega calories by walking a bit further.

Originally Posted by Alan Hartley View Post

Surely providing for both Muslims and non-Muslims would make better business sense. People wanting a bacon sandwich will now have to go elsewhere. Where is the business sense in that?

Not if its not economical. How do you know there was a big bacon butty demand for these 200 out of 1800 shops? If they dont sell much of that item, then its an easy decision to drop it. They know their business better than you.

To me this discussion is rather simple, if you don't like a shop because it sells halal food, than don't shop there. Problem solved instantly.

Btw, I'd never buy a bacon butty at the Subways, there are far better places for that!

its an easy decision to drop it.

I don't think any actually have - I can't find any evidence of a pre-existing Subway converting to halal - it seems to only be new outlets, which ties up with Subway's statements.

Not that that'll stop the pitchfork brigade...

Not that that'll stop the pitchfork brigade...

No, my facebook feed is going mad with this rubbish story. Like the link I posted earlier, there's even pages being created calling for Subway to be boycotted. The pure ignorance of the islamaphobes is unbearable!!

No, my facebook feed is going mad with this rubbish story. Like the link I posted earlier, there's even pages being created calling for Subway to be boycotted. The pure ignorance of the islamaphobes is unbearable!!

The ignorance of those who can't see why UKIP will win the coming elections at a canter is staggering.

Its an analogy, not University Challenge.

jb

Bit of a daft analogy really.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 15:59 ----------

Why would they when their target demographic don't eat bacon?

jb

Is it healthy for a mainstream food establishment in a public place to have a specific "target demographic" based on religious, and lets face it, racial grounds.

Edited by Guest