Do you buy fast food because you can't cook?

Anyone who eats food cooked in a microwave is asking for health problems-- period.

Try this out. Get two small plants and nuke the water for a few minutes. Now give this water to one of the plants only for a few weeks. It will start to die.

Watering plants with boiling water is always going to kill them. That doesn't make a cup of tea poisonous.

Incidentally for the price of a fitted kitchen you can eat out for a couple of years as well as having a useful spare room.

Edited by foxy lady

No they aren't, and no it won't.

The test on snopes used to counter the original test was hardly conclusive.

The introductions of new, widely-adopted technologies are often accompanied by fears of possible deleterious effects from the use of such devices, everything from concerns that telephones would spell the end of regional accents to parental admonitions not to sit too close to the television (lest you ruin your eyes!).

Eye strain is widely acknowledged, and languages are dying out as a few forms of widely accepted languages are spread via increased communication.

I'd say, some better research is needed.

Anyone who eats food cooked in a microwave is asking for health problems-- period.

Try this out. Get two small plants and nuke the water for a few minutes. Now give this water to one of the plants only for a few weeks. It will start to die.

What utter rubbish.

Can you explain any scientific reason why this is allegedly the case?

I cook food in a microwave but its generally Blue Peter food that's come from the freezer.

Cookery skills in the UK poor. People lack knowledge and confidence.

People are busy.

People are lazy.

Retailers push convenience food, culture and lifestyle.

Not hard to see why convenience flourishes. Each to their own.

Nothing wrong with miccrowave it does some things really well, just know it cooks in a certain way and the impact that has on your food.

The advantage about cooking yourself is that you know what goes in and you have more control/confidence in quality.

reminded me of the preacher who put a worm in a glass of whisky, and another in a glass of eater; the whisky worm died/;

"What does that teach you?" he asked

"Drink whisky/ you won't get worms, preacher!"

I buy takeaway food (fast food is different) because I cant replicate the quality and taste when I try to make the food myself. Plus I do not have all the equipment I would need and I would waste for more ingredients in the process.

Places like Bangkok, Thailand 80-90% of people do not cook as street food is so good. They build houses in Bangkok now without kitchens.

Its not hard . but I have to say they are quite tasteless . Doing one properly , in the oven is lovely , but what with lack of time due to our busy lives , it is easier to get one of the ones that is for microwave

You can microwave a regular potato though, you don't need to buy some sort of 'fast food' version...

And if you're in a bit of a rush, you can nuke it, and then give it 20 mins in the oven.

I do buy fast food though when I don't want to cook. It's not that regularly, but last night I bought KFC on the way home from Leeds at nearly 7. I was hungry and tired and I really didn't want to get home and start thinking about what I was going to eat.

---------- Post added 24-02-2014 at 09:41 ----------

No it won't, microwaves don't do anything except heat water up.

---------- Post added 24-02-2014 at 09:42 ----------

"Quick meal.....sausage egg and mash." You are making me hungry ! Stop posting :hihi:

Sausage is hardly any healthier than a frozen ready meal though!

---------- Post added 24-02-2014 at 09:47 ----------

I buy takeaway food (fast food is different) because I cant replicate the quality and taste when I try to make the food myself.

It's a good point, fast food generally means something that you can buy and pretty much immediately walk away with (or eat), burgers for example.

A takeaway is slightly different, but still very likely to be high in fat and calories.

A meal in a restaurant is different again, and depending on what you choose could vary between healthy/unhealthy completely.

Yesterday (wasn't a good day for cooking), my brunch was a double salad at ikea, pretty healthy as cafe food goes, tomato and mozzarella, salmon and mixed salad. 7 hours later after doing 2 hrs of hard training I had a craving for KFC.