Would like some advice about going on my own to Cornwall

I live on my own so it wont be a problem . It is just my Mum would be so worried because I would be driving down so far . I know it so well that it wouldn't bother me

If I was going on my own I would get the train to Penzance, and then hire a car.

It would give me a chance to get the night sleeper train. I think the London-Penzance route is the last route with a sleeper on it, and it is something I've always wanted to do.

I live on my own so it wont be a problem . It is just my Mum would be so worried because I would be driving down so far . I know it so well that it wouldn't bother me

I'd go for it, if you really want to go alone! As regards your Mum, just tell her a little white lie, and tell her you are going with a friend, or just tell her the truth, I am sure she will be pleased for you.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

If I was going on my own I would get the train to Penzance, and then hire a car.

It would give me a chance to get the night sleeper train. I think the London-Penzance route is the last route with a sleeper on it, and it is something I've always wanted to do.

There are also sleeper trains from Euston to various Scottish locations. I used to get the sleeper to Aberdeen, first on the East Coast line from Doncaster and then on the West Coast line from Crewe after they changed routing. It was a great way to travel.

I need some advice . Every year my best friend , her Grand daughter & me go to our beloved Cornwall but today she told me that next year , because it is her 70th she wants to go abroad for a holiday with her family . I can totally understand why she wants to do this so that's no problem . But , I am thinking of going on my own that year because Cornwall gives me the chance to re charge my batteries what with the stressful job I do. Mu will have a dicky fit but I need to go . So what would you do in this circumstance

GO FOR IT!

plan your trip so you can take in as many places as possible, which should be easier without having everyone else in tow.

we head for bude holiday park and camp there. then have excursions to other places like st ives, newquay, holywell bay, perranporth. we used to head for weymouth and camp there for a few days then move up to bude.

planning the driving is the hard part. we set off in the small hours to miss the traffic, get an hours kip in the car at a cafe/toilet stop just off the M5 on the A361, then finish the trip to bude. set up camp early to mid morning. lovely!

what you waiting for?

Mums are strange creatures. I live on my own, 150 miles from Sheffield. I commute into London most days, drive up and down the country every couple of weeks and fly to the Isle of Man every few months for work. Yet despite this, my mum will worry when I'm visiting Sheffield and am 10 minutes late home from the shops :hihi:

I just think mums are programmed to worry!

Enjoy your holiday, have a wonderful relaxing break and text or phone your mum to let her know you're fine.

I need some advice . Every year my best friend , her Grand daughter & me go to our beloved Cornwall but today she told me that next year , because it is her 70th she wants to go abroad for a holiday with her family . I can totally understand why she wants to do this so that's no problem . But , I am thinking of going on my own that year because Cornwall gives me the chance to re charge my batteries what with the stressful job I do. Mu will have a dicky fit but I need to go . So what would you do in this circumstance

why will mu have a dicky fit?

they stopped eating people several hundred years ago...

they even have electricity and running water

anyway, i doubt that cornwall has anything more terrifying than you, so i wouldn't worry and just go and have a good time :)

though you could always take mu with you.......

Edited by andyofborg