Subway doesn't sell bacon!!

Because Muslims arent permitted to handle pork products.
I thought you'd made that up, and I was right. According to this they are. http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/financial-issues/earning-livelihood/176774-handling-pork-products-permissible.html

I knew it was only the consumption and it's not just pork, is it? They can't eat any meat if it's nothalal, unless the alternative is to die of starvation. Or meat with claws, like felines, or lizards. But there's nothing expressly forbidding them from handling it, especially if it's going to result in them losing the job. Just advised not to, so maybe don't take jobs where you might have to do something advised against?.

Th popularity of places like Subway, McDonalds, Costa etc is down to consistency. You can go to a McDonald's in Leeds or London and you will get exactly the same burger. You cant say that for any of the local small businesses for obvious reasons. People want to know what they will get and they will stomach mediocre quality for constancy.

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Paris?

I thought you'd made that up, and I was right. According to this they are. http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/financial-issues/earning-livelihood/176774-handling-pork-products-permissible.html

I knew it was only the consumption and it's not just pork, is it? They can't eat any meat if it's nothalal, unless the alternative is to die of starvation. Or meat with claws, like felines, or lizards. But there's nothing expressly forbidding them from handling it, especially if it's going to result in them losing the job. Just advised not to, so maybe don't take jobs where you might have to do something advised against?.

The advice from your link is that they should avoid handling pork, so presumably they will if they have the choice not to.

As the fiqh rule of protecting oneself from things that lead to haram, one is recommended to shun all avenues leading to a haram act. Therefore, a Muslim should avoid handling pork as it is haram.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 17:55 ----------

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Paris?

They call it a snack in Sheffield, Vincent.

Its simple.. if I see a halal sign in a takeaway, I dont go there, think its cruel the way the animals are slaughtered, i just dont frequent the place.. i dont harp on about it tho..

You didn't know that 90% of halal meat that enters the British food chain is pre-stunned then?

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) Animal Welfare Survey undertaken in abattoirs across Great Britain during one week in September 2011 showed around 88 per cent of animals slaughtered by the Halal method were stunned before slaughter

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

The advice from your link is that they should avoid handling pork, so presumably they will if they have the choice not to.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 17:55 ----------

They call it a snack in Sheffield, Vincent.

NO,what do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in paris.:)

La quarteer poundeer wiz cheeze?

BF gets it.

It's a Royale with Cheese

Big Mac is Le Big Mac

But you stated unequivocally that they were 'not allowed' to. As the link shows they are allowed to. They can choose not to, but that's different.

So, in that case, the Subway could sell bacon if they wished, provided they kept it away from the allowed stuff, if they're either Muslim themselves or get a lot of Muslim customers. They choose not to because of their misguided idea of what their religion requires on this score.

Probably as a result of taking advice from people like you :D

Edited by natjack
correct a typo :D