Subway doesn't sell bacon!!

Of course they couldn't. Only certain ones were offered national lottery when came out and car tax was very much rationed. You couldn't kick milk tokens into to touch either for example.

Sorry I thought you meant they had to provide all the services the post office offered.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 20:51 ----------

In Hawaii they sell spam, fried scrambled eggs and rice in McDonalds..

http://tastyislandhawaii.com/2012/12/07/mcdonalds-7-eleven-hawaii-hits/

Lose the rice and put a breadcake (buttered) on there and it looks like my ideal breakfast

You didn't know that 90% of halal meat that enters the British food chain is pre-stunned then?

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

Oh.. thats ok then..:huh:.. what about the other 12% that get their throats cut ?? no way am I eating that .... get in the 21st century..

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 20:56 ----------

Oh.. thats ok then..:huh:.. what about the other 12% that get their throats cut ?? no way am I eating that .... get in the 21st century..
everything is gospel the RSPCA states hey ?? :loopy:

Sorry I thought you meant they had to provide all the services the post office offered.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 20:51 ----------

Lose the rice and put a breadcake (buttered) on there and it looks like my ideal breakfast

They had to offer exactly as much or as little as post office high command stated. If it was part of a corner shop you couldn't sell stamps from behind the counter during PO hours. Do that, lose your franchise. This sort of PO thing I know as facts. However my more limited knowledge of other franchises leads me to think they are all quite strict. Except, it would appear, pork based products at subway. I can understand the rationalising of a menu in smaller shops but to rationalise purely based on religion is weird and I'm surprised subway let it happen.

They had to offer exactly as much or as little as post office high command stated. If it was part of a corner shop you couldn't sell stamps from behind the counter during PO hours. Do that, lose your franchise. This sort of PO thing I know as facts. However my more limited knowledge of other franchises leads me to think they are all quite strict. Except, it would appear, pork based products at subway. I can understand the rationalising of a menu in smaller shops but to rationalise purely based on religion is weird and I'm surprised subway let it happen.

Maybe because it makes them money?

'Getting in the 21st Century' would mean none of us eating meat at all, but Im not mealy mouthed enough to criticise slaughter methods that have been tried and trusted for centuries, whilst celebrating the the offerings of fast food conglomerates...

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:10 ----------

everything is gospel the RSPCA states hey ?? :loopy:

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

'Getting in the 21st Century' would mean none of us eating meat at all, but Im not mealy mouthed enough to criticise slaughter methods that have been tried and trusted for centuries, whilst celebrating the the offerings of fast food conglomerates...

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:10 ----------

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

A mate of mine watched two cows get slaughtered - one standard, on non-stunned halal. Guess which haunted him? The cows throat has cut, and was hoisted into the air by one leg until it bled out. How that is comparable to bolt gun through the noggin I don't know. Stunned halal seems a better compromise.

This is an example of Islam having a detrimental effect on wider society; if Muslims don't want to have pork products then that's fine but don't commandeer (buy the franchise) of a branch of Subway (an eatery for everyone) then deprive people of bacon!!

With the greatest of respect, you are talking cobblers.

Subway is a private commercial enterprise, part of the grand capitalist system which oils the wheels of this great economy of ours.:rolleyes:

If they can make money not selling pork products, who are you to tell them they should? Even if they can't make any profit (which I doubt), it's their problem if they go bust - not yours.

Must we assume that you think all vegetarian cafes should start serving bacon as well? If not, why not?

Edited by aliceBB

Maybe because it makes them money?

Then it's a business decision, and that's fine. If its a decision Based to keep one part of the populace happy (who may or may not form a large part of their clientele ) it's a bit weird.

Then it's a business decision, and that's fine. If its a decision ... to keep one part of the populace happy (who may or may not form a large part of their clientele ) it's a bit weird.

It's not weird at all. Surely the two are the same thing. If they have a lot of Muslim customers who would go elsewhere if they didn't sell halal products, then it makes sense for them to sell halal products.

In a capitalist system there will always be someone else who will fill the pork vacuum.

If its a decision Based to keep one part of the populace happy (who may or may not form a large part of their clientele ) it's a bit weird.

Why is it weird?

Businesses the world over make decisions on their product line based on what the local populace will consider buying, and have done since the first business was set up.

This Subway is not a one off, I've seen several across the UK, and there's entire national chains of Subway where everything is halal. It's not like it's only Subway either, as complained about on this very forum, the KFC a couple of roads over has been halal for years, several other restaurant and fast food chains vary their menus depending on local demand.

They also don't sell sofas- should we boycott them for that too?

What's it got to do with you what they sell or not- it's their business and they can do what they want- don't like it- go somewhere else!

Why is it weird?

Businesses the world over make decisions on their product line based on what the local populace will consider buying, and have done since the first business was set up.

This Subway is not a one off, I've seen several across the UK, and there's entire national chains of Subway where everything is halal. It's not like it's only Subway either, as complained about on this very forum, the KFC a couple of roads over has been halal for years, several other restaurant and fast food chains vary their menus depending on local demand.

But then its a business decision. It seems logical if the local populace is mainly Muslim to have a halal shop. If its not done for that reason but because the owner is Muslim or because someone at subway think its a good idea it's weird!!!