Subway doesn't sell bacon!!

However given the social demographic of the average Subway diner, few would know or even be interested in the difference between a bacon or turkey rasher provided their bellies were being distended by oversalted, highly processed, additive laden meat products :hihi:
Why such a snob, boyfriday? I never took you for an epicure :D

And you've shocked me by your, obviously true, story of your reactions to an innocuous cabbie just doing his job. Just shows how you can be deceived by people, eventually the true colours emerge. :D

I have dropped them an email to ask for the list of Halal restaurants and I'll post it here as soon as it arrives.

Im not disputing they have halal franchises, but you said that Subway had become halal which clearly isnt the case as they still market bacon products as per the link I posted.

...following extensive research, corporations like Subway won't make a decision about how much mayonnaise to put in a sandwich before focus grouping and customer testing it across the all the territories they do business in.

Eh? Think youre mixing your metaphors there, how do you arrive at that conclusion? Not that any global fast food chain is more interested in animal welfare than profit.

not a mixed metaphor, just a mistake. Its nailing your colours to the mast.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 16:27 ----------

Im not disputing they have halal franchises, but you said that Subway had become halal which clearly isnt the case as they still market bacon products as per the link I posted.

I can only tell you what I was told in Subway. I find it a little suspect that Subway state some are halal but then does not publish the list. This is why I have asked for the list to see exactly how many sell or are halal certified.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 16:28 ----------

Heh heh heh... and if you cared about animal welfare, you'd be a vegetarian :)

No, you are confused. The hippy comment you are trying to mimic is, if you cared about animal welfare you would be vegan. You can eat animals if they are slaughtered in a humane manor. Halal and kosher are not considered humane. The Danes have banned it and our own Farm Animal Welfare Council said Halal and Kocher "cause severe suffering to animals".

Edited by WeX

Why such a snob, boyfriday? I never took you for an epicure :D
Forgive me, but if you dont mind I'll be taking break-fast at Greasy Vera's in future, but first I'll complain to all and sundry that she doesn't do ethnic food, apart from kedgeree ;)

And you've shocked me by your, obviously true, story of your reactions to an innocuous cabbie just doing his job. Just shows how you can be deceived by people, eventually the true colours emerge. :D

Not so shocking nj, Ive consistently said here we all display racist behaviour even subconsciously..there I've liberated you :hihi:

in a free market economy surely they can sell (or not sell) whatever they want as long as it is legal

if this particular branch of subway chooses not to sell bacon, and they are not breaking their franchise agreement by doing so, surely it is their choice

as others have posted - if you want a bacon sarnie, and the shop you are in doesn't sell them - find one that does

I can only tell you what I was told in Subway.
Well there it is, on the menu I posted, more pork products than you could take could market.

I find it a little suspect that Subway state some are halal but then does not publish the list. This is why I have asked for the list to see exactly how many sell or are halal certified.

Presumably it's the ones that dont sell bacon :D

No, you are confused. The hippy comment you are trying to mimic is, if you cared about animal welfare you would be vegan. You can eat animals if they are slaughtered in a humane manor. Halal and kosher are not considered humane

Not trying to mimic it at all, what aspects of halal slaughter are you describing as not humane?

in a free market economy surely they can sell (or not sell) whatever they want as long as it is legal

if this particular branch of subway chooses not to sell bacon, and they are not breaking their franchise agreement by doing so, surely it is their choice

as others have posted - if you want a bacon sarnie, and the shop you are in doesn't sell them - find one that does

The bacon/sausage sarnie is a part of British culture and there clearly is a demand for them there given the other sarnie shops in the general area that do them, so for the Muslims that run this particular Subway to pull pork products from the menu makes no business sense, it is purely a religious decision to the detriment of pork eating non-Muslims in that locality.

The issue here really is Islam again, and how it just doesn't fit in with British society.

Conspiring against me? How? This isn't my thread, I don't eat pork, but I don't have an objection to selling it to other people. I think it's shortsighted, a bad business decision, deprives local pig farmers of a cash stream and deprives people of a perfectly good taste experience.

And, as some of you insist on bringing Muslims into it, for no good reason, other than your own prejudices, it gives certain people an in to bang on about another thing we have to suffer for the sake of Islam.

Turkey rasher and egg breadcake? Just doesn't sound as appetitising somehow though,does it? :D

You say it's a bad business decision but it's obviously not or they wouldn't be doing it.

And no Turkey rasher and an egg breadcake doesn't sound very nice, but the vast majority of Subway sandwiches don't have bacon in them so it doesn't affect most of what they sell.

As others have said, if you're on London road and want bacon, there are tens of shops and takeaways and other food places you can go to. So clearly OP is just picking out a place that doesn't sell it and trying to start a flame war.

Edited by Super Hans

The bacon/sausage sarnie is a part of British culture and there clearly is a demand for them there given the other sarnie shops in the general area that do them, so for the Muslims that run this particular Subway to pull pork products from the menu makes no business sense, it is purely a religious decision to the detriment of pork eating non-Muslims in that locality.

The issue here really is Islam again, and how it just doesn't fit in with British society.

When did you last go into Lily's Pork Stores and complain they didn't do fish & chips? After all it makes no business sense that they don't serve every version of fast food available.