Radio sheffield football heaven

Romario

I don't get this 'Wednesday bias' thing.

The sports editor Paul Walker is 100% Blade.

Andy Giddings supports Halifax.

Rob Staton is a Miller.

Seth Bennett was more Blade than owt else.

The other little used presenter (Murray Somebody or other) is definitely a Blade.

I don't remember any Football Heaven presenter who favoured Wednesday.

After saying that, the presenters are pretty good at covering up their loyalties, and, on the whole, manage to appear genuinely excited when Wednesday score. They'd mostly prefer United to beat Wednesday, and be above them in the league.

If Walker shows any bias, it's in his job interviews.

He's not employed an Owl (as far as I know) since he got the job in 2000.

Brian the Blade has 'come out' and told RS that he won't ever call the programme whilst Giddings is hosting the programme.

Last night (18th Nov) he DID phone up while Andy was on.

His comment?

ANDY, YOU MAKE ME SICK!

Then he put the phone down. :hihi:

For the record, I like the programme. I like all the presenters, and I don't hear blatant bias.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 08:16 ----------

If you've ever listened to Brian the blade you would understand why lol. Is Seth still at radio sheffield ?

Seth is a freelance journalist. He accepted the chance to work mainly for Radio 5 Live, and now spends most of his time on there.

I think he still has a base in Sheffield, and did present FH for one night about 3 weeks ago.

HI TOBY!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I don't get this 'Wednesday bias' thing.

The sports editor Paul Walker is 100% Blade.

Andy Giddings supports Halifax.

Rob Staton is a Miller.

Seth Bennett was more Blade than owt else.

The other little used presenter (Murray Somebody or other) is definitely a Blade.

I don't remember any Football Heaven presenter who favoured Wednesday.

After saying that, the presenters are pretty good at covering up their loyalties, and, on the whole, manage to appear genuinely excited when Wednesday score. They'd mostly prefer United to beat Wednesday, and be above them in the league.

If Walker shows any bias, it's in his job interviews.

He's not employed an Owl (as far as I know) since he got the job in 2000.

Brian the Blade has 'come out' and told RS that he won't ever call the programme whilst Giddings is hosting the programme.

Last night (18th Nov) he DID phone up while Andy was on.

His comment?

ANDY, YOU MAKE ME SICK!

Then he put the phone down. :hihi:

For the record, I like the programme. I like all the presenters, and I don't hear blatant bias.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 08:16 ----------

Seth is a freelance journalist. He accepted the chance to work mainly for Radio 5 Live, and now spends most of his time on there.

I think he still has a base in Sheffield, and did present FH for one night about 3 weeks ago.

HI TOBY!

In bold, surely that's the view of the vast majority of this country? :hihi:

Erm.......

It's the Radio Sheffield football phone in show, where local footy fans phone in and argue which of their third-rate footy teams is not the worst.

For a neutral like me (sort of) it can be very entertaining to listen to, when there's nothing else on :hihi:

I missed yesterday's show, I only listen to it when I'm in the car and I was home by the time it came on.