100 days of snow ..on the way!

There is no need to panic Sheffield city council said only the other day that they are well prepared for the winter with loads of grit.

are you sure that last word should be Grit? or something else that rhymes well!!

There is no need to panic Sheffield city council said only the other day that they are well prepared for the winter with loads of grit.

local councils say that every year, and as soon as we get snow half the roads dont get gritted

the busses stop for awhile and nearly everything comes to a stand still

& thats when we only get 1cm lol

well the old wooden sledge is gonna have to be cleaned :D

not to mention sending us back into recession:hihi:

True but that could be caused by it being too mild as well. We have just had warnings of a retail slowdown because the mild weather has caused people not to purchase winter clothing.

Anything other than our normal totally undpredictable weather can lead to recession, including of course totally unpredictable weather. :)

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 12:31 ----------

Just to add, this will be a wonderful test for Amey's road repairs.

Leftfield Primary where my kids go have closed until May based on this forecast, I blame the teachers for this snow....and the Daily Express. The Daily Mail emphasizes that this weather is "IMMIGRANT WEATHER FREEZING BRITAIN'S PENSIONERS", <REMOVED>.

I hope we have no weather for the foreseeable future - it may add weathermen and ladies to the ranks of the unemployed but it'll shut a lot of <REMOVED> up.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

When is this snow supposed to start?!

About a month ago according to the first of this year's Express weather panic articles.

7 day forecasts are notoriously unreliable. Nobody does a 100 day forecast.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443462/Winter-2013-expected-to-be-worst-since-1947-with-heavy-and-persistent-snow-forecast-for-UK

I know it's the Express but other papers and media sources have started to say similar stuff, guess we'll have to wait and see but the outlook this year does look bleak.

That's the Express for you! the daftest sensationalist paper on the planet.

Just a warning of snow, will have some forumers grinding to a halt!.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:Doesn`t take that much

Is there a list of schools closures on SF yet?

Swooned and pee'd misen. Well i think it's pee. :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-11-2013 at 23:59 ----------

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 days of Roma free streets for Page Hall !!!!!!11`!!1! :hihi:

Na they would just don an extra brown "leather" jacket and be back on the corner.

Heard it's going to be a bad one this year from several farmers already, and I'd tend to believe them as they've never been wrong yet. Maybe not as apocalyptic as the Express would have us believe...but if it gets even as half as bad as what's forecast, it will still be plenty bad enough for round'ere.

At least I should be mobile enough this year...bought a Scooby this morning! :D

100 days of snow to someone that is self employed and would get no pay would be disastrous

snow doesnt stop people from working. Those employed by others manage to get in to work so what's different being self employed? In my 22 years in employment i've never missed a days work due to the weather. I did get sent home early once due to the floods..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443462/Winter-2013-expected-to-be-worst-since-1947-with-heavy-and-persistent-snow-forecast-for-UK

I know it's the Express but other papers and media sources have started to say similar stuff, guess we'll have to wait and see but the outlook this year does look bleak.

load of old crap the last time I remember it snowed like that was in 1963 that was deep snowed in for weeks couldn't go to school thank god x