Crime scene at top of Halifax Road - False imprisonment verdict

He didn't stand much of a chance with help from the neighbours seeing as the Daughter lives next door

I'm a firm believer in karma, these vultures will get what's coming one day.

Scum of the highest order

Good on them I say.

So what if there were other family members in the house, make em feel scared like they made that poor lad. They turned a blind eye so serves them right.

And as for the neibours who are worried about their area looking like a dump and having a bad name, well maybe someone should have done something to try and stop it before it got to this. You're not telling me nobody noticed when it was happening in plain view.

If you look at the times and dates on the videos shown you would see the attacks we see are on 5 different dates and between the hours of 8.50am and 17.30. If the neighbours were out at work all day or on holiday at that time how would they know?

People should stop trying to blame others and accept that the guilty ones are now where they belong. Attacking the house will not help the poor guy now. Hopefully he is now safe and well cared for.

People are encouraging the same idiots to do this sort of thing that we all whinge and moan about when they are standing on street corners intimidating our families and friends. The local scum bags that wouldn't think twice about mugging and damaging property for the fun of it.

Don't let them become heroes, they aren't.

He didn't stand much of a chance with help from the neighbours seeing as the Daughter lives next door ��

If thats true, that should mean she should be implicated in some way.

Edited by jon&emma

Yes, I think it is a shame, but it's understandable; there's always someone in jail who'll want to look the big man by beating up another prisoner.

I would like to think he has many more heading his way whilst he`s in there.

You should have seen Daughters Facebook profile, she was ranting and raving about it being family business! And that everyone is lying. She's removed herself now. They seem like a lovely family......I hope the poor lad can rebuild his life now.

If you look at the times and dates on the videos shown you would see the attacks we see are on 5 different dates and between the hours of 8.50am and 17.30. If the neighbours were out at work all day or on holiday at that time how would they know?

People should stop trying to blame others and accept that the guilty ones are now where they belong. Attacking the house will not help the poor guy now. Hopefully he is now safe and well cared for.

People are encouraging the same idiots to do this sort of thing that we all whinge and moan about when they are standing on street corners intimidating our families and friends. The local scum bags that wouldn't think twice about mugging and damaging property for the fun of it.

Don't let them become heroes, they aren't.

Well said michelle:thumbsup:

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

i know mates daughter had wing mirrors kicked off...police response was a slap on wrists...scroats dad woke up to find his car under builders rubble...note saying ask your son why we did this....eye for an eye only way

Agreed .Soft prison sentences isnt punishment. three square meals a day , TV, pool table , no bills to pay ..........easy life. Community punishment is the only way to deal with people like this.

If thats true, that should mean she should be implicated in some way.

She obviously knew it was happening. She can clearly be seen in the video stood with her back to her dad while he beat the poor man.

Good on them I say.

So what if there were other family members in the house, make em feel scared like they made that poor lad. They turned a blind eye so serves them right.

And as for the neibours who are worried about their area looking like a dump and having a bad name, well maybe someone should have done something to try and stop it before it got to this. You're not telling me nobody noticed when it was happening in plain view.

Crikey, this is a first for Sheffield Forum..judge, jury, executioner and social commentator.

Crikey, this is a first for Sheffield Forum..judge, jury, executioner and social commentator.

People are quick to blame the neighbours but as I said earlier David Rooke is gobby with a lot of front and can be intimidating unless you know better, he is also not without the occasional hanger on who can handle themselves as backup, also things are very different when it's literally on your doorstep.

You forgot CPS, police and pitchfork-holder.

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 19:05 ----------

People are quick to blame the neighbours.....

People are ignorant and presumptuous to blame the neighbours. It's as if finding the culprits guilty isn't enough. Some people want everyone within a mile radius of the scene to be presumed equally culpable.