Crime scene at top of Halifax Road - False imprisonment verdict

I hate what has happened to Craig Kinsella, as it is obvious a lot of us feel the same way, I also would like the Rookes to suffer pain for what they have done, but agree with some on SF who are saying violence back is not the way.

10 years ago my son was badly beaten by four scum, from the back and with weapons, my son was in a very bad way, I detested the scum who had done this as others were, the offers of what could be done back to them, by loads of our friends, some things were horrid by what could be done.

But as upset and painful it was I as his mother stopped any payback by anybody, and we went through the courts ( which was terrible ) because at that time I stated I couldn't put their mothers through the pain I was feeling, even how hard it was, it still hurts me now.

I think as fellow Sheffielders, the best action we can take is to be a lot more vigilant and willing to report any suspicions we have where vulnerable people could be being abused/exploited. I would like to bet that in a city the size of Sheffield in our current climate, that for the Rookes there are at least another dozen cases in Sheffield at the moment where people are being enslaved that the authorities are not aware of.

That is one hell of a contradiction you've got there.

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 21:33 ----------

That is one hell of a contradiction you've got there.

How can something be just if it's wrong?

I presume you agree with everything else I wrote then...

This has already been covered. People will be thinking with their emotions rather than rationale thought.

If someone harmed a family member of mine in the same way, I would be perfectly happy to see them killed and for me it would be just. But of course in reality it would be wrong and I know that.

An eye for an eye . As Eastbank rightly said, people like this are best left to the local Neighborhood watch to sort out.

It's a cliche, but it makes the whole world blind. If you found out that a hypothetical child of yours had been bullying smaller kids at school, would you give him a good beating?

It wont do any good wrecking or damaging the house, as people have to live next door or across from it. This is just a house, the real villains are locked up, and as others have said, inmates dont like abusers of vunerable people, so there may be a chance that these cruel individuals may just get a taste of their own medicine, and I for one wouldn't lose a winks sleep over it.

I dont suppose this lad may ever read these posts, but if you do see them, you have the deepest of sympathy from of me, my family and all our friends, and quite possibly the entire population. Bless you son x

I agree, they will have lost the house due to not paying their mortgage.

Maybe not, they look in there 50s chances are its already paid for though this lad deserves compo and should come out of there assetts

What is wrong with people believing that violence towards these people is a good thing? They believe it's a good thing because they feel it is a just punishment at the very least. Regardless of wheter it is right or wrong.

I'll give you the answer...

Once upon a time there was Mr & Mrs Rubble who had a son called BamBam, they lived next door to Mr & Mrs Flinstone who had a daughter called Pebbles. BamBam and Pebbles were 15 years old Mr Flintstone found out that BamBam had impregnated his beautiful daughter.

With no one to turn to he went round to the Rubbles and battered BamBam to death with a dinosaur bone. The Flintstones were horrified and sent a plague of locusts to the Rubbles house which ate them all.

Some time later the Rubbles relatives came to visit and discovered the remains of their dead family. Incensed they wanted to lash out at everyone in Bedrock, but one of the elders pointed out that an eye for an eye made everyone blind.

So they agreed that in future they'd have fair minded people hear their disputes and both parties would agree on the outcome and level of punishment. If either party acted independently then they'd be cast onto the fire of Hades.

What part of previous warnings about encouraging vigilantism did you fail to understand?

Closed.