Drunkards at Stonehenge

thanks for that Kanga8

I was just going to say that . People should have respect no matter what they believe in . I cant closed minded , bigoted people . Their is evidence to say Druids were here along time before Christianity reared its ugly head. Maybe the modern Druids are not the same as their previous ones ,but at the end of the day ,it is their choice & if they want to worship at Stonehenge then along with other Pagans they should be allowed to without interference from flaming drunken idiots . :(

if they want to worship at Stonehenge then along with other Pagans they should be allowed to without interference from flaming drunken idiots .

You'd have to argue why you have the right to be there and other people don't. It's not that simple, is it?

thanks for that Kanga8

I was just going to say that . People should have respect no matter what they believe in . I cant closed minded , bigoted people . Their is evidence to say Druids were here along time before Christianity reared its ugly head. Maybe the modern Druids are not the same as their previous ones ,but at the end of the day ,it is their choice & if they want to worship at Stonehenge then along with other Pagans they should be allowed to without interference from flaming drunken idiots . :(

and for the sake of equality surely you'd have to argue that idiots are entitled to get drunk at Stonehenge without being interrupted by druids.

Neo-druidism is what exists today. It's all been created in the past 200-100 years based on older writings and modern interpretation..

The bible has had several translations most of which came from stories picked up from hearsay.

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 11:25 ----------

and for the sake of equality surely you'd have to argue that idiots are entitled to get drunk at Stonehenge without being interrupted by druids.

I would never have treat my children to that kind of mentality.

thanks for that Kanga8

Why, they have no claim to the place. Unless you have some unseen proof the site was built and for the sole use of druids religious activity, you cannot stop others from going there. In fact its the druids insistance to open the place up that has meant these people can be there.

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 11:30 ----------

The bible has had several translations most of which came from stories picked up from hearsay.

Has christianity existed from the time in was created to now? Yes, there is both oral and a written history of the religion.

Has Druidism existed from the time of its creation until now? No, it died out and so did its meaning, its rituals and its history.

Edited by WeX

thanks for that Kanga8

Everybody should be able to go about their business without interference from drunken idiots.

If what you're saying though is that the Druids and other Pagans have more right to be there than the drunks, you are wrong.