Some personal advice please: (No hurtful comments please)

Walk away, forget her, shes not worth it. Easy I know. I've recently had to the do the same thing and it is very hard, but I've got good people around me now to keep me occupied.

I couldnt stay friends with my ex but thats because of what she was going to do to me once I'd moved to Leeds and also because I still wanted the relationship and she didnt.

Try and keep occupied and theres always someone out there deserving of you.

A lot of people have said he needs his family and friends.

Good advice, but his only family is his daughter who doesnt live in the area.

As for friends, he doesnt have any really, as he is a very private person and doesnt make friends easily.

Im really worried about him, he has changed so much since the original split, and this latest episode has made him worse. He is covering it it up but I can see how bad he really is.

Sounds like he has at least one friend. ;)

I think everyone has pretty much said the best solution bwfore me so there isnt really anything else I can add.

I think the OP, in his own heart already knows what must be done. Which is pretty much along the lines of what everyone else has said. It's just really hard to 'let it go'. The trick to achieving it of course is to pull yourself together (as best you can) and make sure you're pretty much occupied doing something, going places. The worst thing you can do is sit alone and mope and brood over it, cos that's just a downward spiral. Keep your mind occupied with something or someone else. The more your mind is occupied with 'other' things, the less likely you are to pine for someone who didn't really want you in the first place. ;)

I think I know who this is and if I am right you do have friends who are willing to help most definately but all the advice and help in the world will not make any difference until you decide to cut all ties and move on.

This is not good for your own sanity.

If you need help I am sure you know who I am so please get in touch you know there are plenty of people who would gladly help.

I think you must have known what kind of answers you were going to get on here. That tells me that a part of you is already ready to move on and that you are stronger than you think.

I think that while ever you keep this woman's number on your phone, or details, you will never have the self-esteem that you need to embark on a really fulfilling relationship with anyone else.

Don't deprive a woman who is deserving of your love from the chance of happiness with you, clear the decks ready!

I think the OP, in his own heart already knows what must be done. Which is pretty much along the lines of what everyone else has said. It's just really hard to 'let it go'. The trick to achieving it of course is to pull yourself together (as best you can) and make sure you're pretty much occupied doing something, going places. The worst thing you can do is sit alone and mope and brood over it, cos that's just a downward spiral. Keep your mind occupied with something or someone else. The more your mind is occupied with 'other' things, the less likely you are to pine for someone who didn't really want you in the first place. ;)

This is good advice; and you (the OP) can give yourself a pat on the back for just trying to pull it together and move on. Also, it's very important to have other things going on in your life (career, business, hobby, fitness, fun stuff) and that any one woman isn't your sole central focus in life.

I wish I could say that he is getting better, but he seems to be getting worse.

Doesnt help that his wife is now taunting him, saying that her family have accepted she is with someone else and letting him stay under their roof.

This is unbelievable, especially after what they said to the OP.