Some personal advice please: (No hurtful comments please)

I wish I could say that he is getting better, but he seems to be getting worse.

Doesnt help that his wife is now taunting him, saying that her family have accepted she is with someone else and letting him stay under their roof.

This is unbelievable, especially after what they said to the OP.

I think that your friend may benefit from some professional help and working on his confidence and self-esteem.

Been in a lot of relationships in the past,sounds like she was abussed phisicaly or mentally in the past and taking it out on you, all i can say is you will never find out why she treats you like this, cause you are the abuser in her eyes,you sound like a good guy, dont waste anymore time thinking she will change, its part of life's journey.Make a list of all the things you were good at together then a list of the bad times see which one outways the other there lies your answer

I wish I could say that he is getting better, but he seems to be getting worse.

Doesnt help that his wife is now taunting him, saying that her family have accepted she is with someone else and letting him stay under their roof.

This is unbelievable, especially after what they said to the OP.

The fact that she's taunting him shows that the interaction is most definitely not a healthy and productive thing to pursue.

It doesn't matter what she's taunting him about; the fact that she is taunting him is enough to tell me that there is a very unhealthy co-dependent relationship going on and it will continue going on until one or the other of them has the strength to head off in another direction and to move their life on from this 'can't live with them, can't live without them' mess.

To the OP: For your own mental health change your phone numbers, put an answering machine on your phones so that genuine friends can still contact you and you can ring other people, stop answering your door unless you know who is on the other side and start having a healthy life with a different aim.

Taunting has no place in a loving relationship.

The fact that she's taunting him shows that the interaction is most definitely not a healthy and productive thing to pursue.

It doesn't matter what she's taunting him about; the fact that she is taunting him is enough to tell me that there is a very unhealthy co-dependent relationship going on and it will continue going on until one or the other of them has the strength to head off in another direction and to move their life on from this 'can't live with them, can't live without them' mess.

To the OP: For your own mental health change your phone numbers, put an answering machine on your phones so that genuine friends can still contact you and you can ring other people, stop answering your door unless you know who is on the other side and start having a healthy life with a different aim.

Taunting has no place in a loving relationship.

Thing is, when she doesnt text him, HE texts HER. Its as though he is desperate to keep in contact even though he knows its a waste of time and doing him no good.

He had deleted her number plenty of times, but he has her number in his head and cant forget it.

As for her turning up on his doorstep, she cannot do that as he lives in flats that have a concierge system, so she cant just walk in and knock on his door.

Getting seriously worried about him, cant work out whats going on in his head.

Thing is, when she doesnt text him, HE texts HER. Its as though he is desperate to keep in contact even though he knows its a waste of time and doing him no good.

He had deleted her number plenty of times, but he has her number in his head and cant forget it.

As for her turning up on his doorstep, she cannot do that as he lives in flats that have a concierge system, so she cant just walk in and knock on his door.

Getting seriously worried about him, cant work out whats going on in his head.

His behaviour, I am sorry to say, is bordering on stalking. If this woman had any regard for him, she would let him go, tell him it was over and he has to move on. This constant texting and trying to make contact is prolonging the agony and holding him back.

It gets worse, he has been informed that she may be pregnant.

If so, theres a 95% chance its his. She has denied it, but a few people have told him that they are going round saying that she is.

When he asked her to do a test, she refused and got very defensive.

Only time will tell on this one im afraid.

Darkman...

I think the best thing may be to leave him to his doom. There simply is no helping some people (people who won't help themselves), and the best thing for them is to let them feel the pain of the consequences their own actions bring about.

Their only real hope is if they make a connection between the two, that they may see the cause-effect relationship between their own actions and their dire consequences; and so learn from their error.

She is just a player you dont need her. Get yourself back out there. Cheer up love very often when we look back on things when we are stronger we look back and think **** it.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 15:49 ----------

Wanted to reply to you in person. Feel free to private message me if you would like to meet for a coffee.