Van driver. Sheer stupidity!!

But it was the van driver, not the cyclist who was at fault.

yes but the point is especially when it comes to motor bikes, they are that fast they just appear from nowhere, here is a good example driving on a B road on the way to skeggy and there is nothing in your mirrow one minuet and your just about to take over the caravan er (which should also be barred off the road) and a second later the bike from nowhere is taking over you, been there it's scary, mind you it's more scary when you get to skeg vagas your likely to get mowed down by a mobility scooter.:hihi:

yes but the point is especially when it comes to motor bikes, they are that fast they just appear from nowhere, here is a good example driving on a B road on the way to skeggy and there is nothing in your mirrow one minuet and your just about to take over the caravan er (which should also be barred off the road) and a second later the bike from nowhere is taking over you, been there it's scary, mind you it's more scary when you get to skeg vagas your likely to get mowed down by a mobility scooter.:hihi:

Then you obviously need to look again don't you, bikes come from somewhere not nowhere.

It's an old saying YOUTH! :loopy:

I thought it was a pretty good reply to be honest lol. But he's also right, you need to check again, I've never nearly hit a biker in these circumstances, concentrate more on what's around you instead of overtaking a caravan.

When I see people coming towards junctions I'm always cautious, people have pulled out on me so many times, now if there is a gap where I think they might chance it, then I'd rather just slow down and let them out.

yes keep looking in your mirrows and forget looking forward. :loopy: The speed that motor bikes come from behind is seconds, you are supposed glance into your mirrow before the maneuver not stare. :huh:

Do both. If you want to overtake you need to make sure its safe to do so don't you and that means looking in both directions. Presumably you've already checked that they way ahead is clear so that just leaves what's coming up in your rear view mirror.

Were you indicating to show you were intending to overtake the caravan? Motorcycle riders are used to filtering and overtaking slower vehicles. Any sensible rider would not overtake someone who is indicating to move out.

Were you indicating to show you were intending to overtake the caravan? Motorcycle riders are used to filtering and overtaking slower vehicles. Any sensible rider would not overtake someone who is indicating to move out.

Of course I indicate, but that doesn't bother some idiots.:huh: