Van driver. Sheer stupidity!!

I was driving along Birley Moor road this morning. literally no more than 20 minuters ago when out of a side street came this van right into the path of an oncoming bike. The careless driver didnt even seem to look or signal and had it not been for the actions of the motorcycle rider then there would have been a nasty accident.

To make matters worse the van driver didnt even stop to apologise even though the cycle rider stopped to shall we say "protest" at the drivers lack of care.

There is no way the van driver didnt see what they had almost caused because they did stop for about a second or two then off they went.

Such lack of care or consideration is what helps make the roads such a dangerous place to be these days :rant:

Rant over.

Best lower the speed limits there then!

That's seems to be the only answer to road safety nowadays

That and pot holes speed humps :hihi:

---------- Post added 09-05-2013 at 09:33 ----------

sadly it is also a habit of most taxi drivers too! I've seen some pretty ropey driving from them! They need to be shown how to use an indicator too!

Fair enough. But this thread is really about a van and cycle rider.

:)

I was driving along Birley Moor road this morning. literally no more than 20 minuters ago when out of a side street came this van right into the path of an oncoming bike. The careless driver didnt even seem to look or signal and had it not been for the actions of the motorcycle rider then there would have been a nasty accident.

To make matters worse the van driver didnt even stop to apologise even though the cycle rider stopped to shall we say "protest" at the drivers lack of care.

There is no way the van driver didnt see what they had almost caused because they did stop for about a second or two then off they went.

Such lack of care or consideration is what helps make the roads such a dangerous place to be these days :rant:

Rant over.

To sum up the situation ,a van driver pulls out and a motorcycle has to take avoiding action ,the cycle rider "protests" so the van driver drives away.

One mans "protest" is another mans threatening behavior I'm not surprised he drove off.

The van driver would have been well upset enough having nearly caused a nasty accident without having a confrontation with a very angry motorcyclist.

Discretion is the better part of valor or something along those lines.

To sum up the situation ,a van driver pulls out and a motorcycle has to take avoiding action ,the cycle rider "protests" so the van driver drives away.

One mans "protest" is another mans threatening behavior I'm not surprised he drove off.

The van driver would have been well upset enough having nearly caused a nasty accident without having a confrontation with a very angry motorcyclist.

Discretion is the better part of valor or something along those lines.

You dont think the van driver owed the motor cyclist an apology then?