Old Cart and Horses in High Green - Sainsburys PP refused

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes jobs won't be lost unless people cause it!

People only have a limited supply of money, so if they spend it in Sainsbury's, they won't be spending it somewhere else like the butchers or existing corner shop.

So going back to your existing point.....Yes Sainsbury's may create a small number of new jobs, but in time they could also be putting some people who are currently in employment out of work. As I said originally, it's only shuffling jobs around.

I don't buy the jobs argument as a positive reason to create a new Sainsbury's, but I do see the traffic issue as a big negative.

Regards

Doom

• 1 year later...

Shame they knocking it down just to make space for a car park for the new building, could have used the space much better and preserved the pub.

http://barnsdales.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/wpp_import_files/1/28878/1956134.jpg

I like the way they draw HGV access with light blue boxes, that will be fun watching HGV's navigate that mini roundabout.

Full link with pictures and plans.

http://barnsdales.co.uk/properties/new-road-side-retail-development-2-wortley-road-high-green-sheffield-2/

I wouldn't worry about what Gaz says, he is one of those who will only ever listen to one side of the argument, and that is the side that suits him.

I too an elderly lady to both High Green shops yesterday, as she can't travel further. What a disgrace ! The Co-op was littered with obstaces, you couldn't get down one aisle without the way being blocked by large empty trollies or staff chattering. As usual it was one serving a large queue, and I think I counted seven doing nothing.

So we walked up to Nisa..... narrow aisles, long queues, tomatoes that were yellow (not even green) one person serving and three watching; and all the people in the queue were lonely types who can't get anywhere else for their groceries. None even got a please or a thank you. What rude people work there !

I feel so sorry for elderly people who can't get anywhere else for their shopping. And yet these people supported Nisa in the Sainsbury's application. Do you feel appreciated now ? And all in the interest of profit for Nisa and an extra pub for Gaz. :rant:

If you saw 7 staff in a co-op convenience store you were hallucinating.