Sportsman pinches podium girls bum

Muchado about nothing if you ask me, it was a cheeky joke that he probably shouldn't have done in this PC world we live in- however, if he was only living upto a stereotype as a man pinching a womans bum then she was living upto the stereotype that a goodlooking girl is only good for dressing up in tight clothing and faking a kiss to a winner of an event.

There is much more wrong with this world than this- move on people!

Mod Note

Posts containing personal insults have been removed, along with all posts referring to them or the deleted posts.

Keep it civil please.

This is a none story for me. The very presence of female models on podiums is unacceptable to the type of people that are complaining, never mind the (faux) bum-pinching.

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 19:59 ----------

What feminists choose to ignore is that some women are just vain and love displaying themselves; its not about seedy men forcing unwilling women to parade themselves.

excellent post and pretty much sums it up, but i doubt the PC worriers will see it that way:hihi:

excellent post and pretty much sums it up, but i doubt the PC worriers will see it that way:hihi:

Any reason why you feel the need to use disparaging terms to describe fellow posters?

Edited by mikem8634

thats subjective though isnt it , some might see it as harmless fun and some be very offended, he wouldnt have known this when he grabbed her though would he

For all you know he might have slept with her the night before.

I had a mate who was a milk race rider and had been on the podium several times and the stories of what he told me went off with the riders and the Miss Pinta podium girls back in the hotel afterwards would make your toes curl.

and before anyone asks, I'm mentioning no names

Is trying to kiss someone without their consent considered assault?

Only if your target is unaware and you force that action. Kissing, handshaking are accepted forms of communication..communication you don't have to reciprocate with.

Because you felt it unacceptable it's more likely you feel it didn't fall within the confines of above?

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 16:16 ----------

He should be sent to jail for pinching her bum and she should be sent to jail for publicly prostituting herself by face-sucking a man she had never met.

Where are the Stones when you need them?

The sooner there's a black flag flying over the Palace of Westminster the better ... apart from for the little Afghanistani boys. I'm buggered if I know what will happen to them.

Nice use of words, you should have been a propagandist... lad's and the DM readers love this stuff.

Edited by ronthenekred

Any reason why you feel the need to use disparaging terms to describe fellow posters?

You're happy to link to articles that call people that indulge in a bit of banter as idiots.

You're happy to link to articles that call people that indulge in a bit of banter as idiots.

I said it was interesting, I didn't say I agreed with it. I also find Adam's position interesting, which is why I have questioned it, without agreeing with it.

There are elements of that article I do agree with but name calling is not one of them. I thought it adressed an imbalance regarding the claims so far that allege banter is positive and would hopefully promote discussion.

Edited by mikem8634

As you can see from the post below, sexual assault is exactly what it is. It may be the case that she was not at all concerned or it may be the case that she was intimidated and appalled. Either way, the law is very clear on the path she could take if she felt wronged.

The law IS very clear. Your posts do not quote any of that clarity.

It also defines what is meant by "sexual" assault.

Your quote does not contain that definition.

As I said earlier (in a post that has been removed for no valid reason) what you see on that podium is NOT Sexual Assault in the terms of English Law.

It may be Common Assault, but you would need to be aware of whether any consent was involved, or not, before you could make a call on that one.

When I was a student I made a very good income wearing a bikini and lying on sports cars. I also won several really good holidays by entering vaguely misogynistic, objectifyingly sexist competitions whilst on the first holiday and as a consequence didn't pay for a holiday for over 5 years.

Am I embarrassed about that? Nope.

Did I feel a little debased whilst doing it? Yes, but I knew why I was doing it and I took the choice to do it to further my own life. What is wrong with that?

not bad for someone that looks like the doo-wap man from the 70's pop band darts :)

The law IS very clear. Your posts do not quote any of that clarity.

It also defines what is meant by "sexual" assault.

Your quote does not contain that definition.

As I said earlier (in a post that has been removed for no valid reason) what you see on that podium is NOT Sexual Assault in the terms of English Law.

It may be Common Assault, but you would need to be aware of whether any consent was involved before you could make a call on that one.

What does the law define as sexual assault if I have not already covered it?