Sportsman pinches podium girls bum

The whole thing was a premeditated stunt,but many people have been taken in,I am afraid.Even more exposure for sponsors and other advertisers.

thats subjective though isnt it , some might see it as harmless fun and some be very offended, he wouldnt have known this when he grabbed her though would he

Quite right but that is my point.. Nowadys, there are far too many people getting all offended on the behalf of others who may not actually be offended. If they are offended, thats their business and their right to complain accordingly.

TBH, this is a 'non story' and if many of the remarks on this matter are anything to go by... The world is going beige very quickly. People used to have a balanced sense of humour but for many, that has been replaced with over sensitivity and moral high grounding.

Unacceptable. He was being a <REMOVED> and should be regarded as such.

What on earth can you find Unacceptable about this. ? Harmless fun , thats all it was.

What on earth can you find Unacceptable about this. ? Harmless fun , thats all it was.

and if it was your daughter?

Its hardly assault is it. ? people really need to get this into perspective . :roll:

Its hardly assault is it. ? people really need to get this into perspective . :roll:

who mentioned assault? I didnt, I asked how you would feel if someone touched your daughter at work.

straight answer please.

That womans father will have resigned himself to the fact his daughter is viewed a sex object due to the nature of her work and is therefore (up to a point) fair game for the type of harmless banter that guy is doing.

That womans father will have resigned himself to the fact his daughter is viewed a sex object due to the nature of her work and is therefore (up to a point) fair game for the type of harmless banter that guy is doing.

The womans father has probably resigned himself to the fact that she is a grown woman in the great wide world. He may have even resigned himself to the fact that she has probably had sexual relations at some point.

who mentioned assault? I didnt, I asked how you would feel if someone touched your daughter at work.

straight answer please.

Did the girl complain ? Did the girl turn round and whack the bloke. ?

If she was offended she would have done either one or both of these.

As you can see from the post below, sexual assault is exactly what it is. It may be the case that she was not at all concerned or it may be the case that she was intimidated and appalled. Either way, the law is very clear on the path she could take if she felt wronged.

Some interesting and pertinent information -

Sexual assault is any involuntary sexual act in which a person is threatened, coerced, or forced to engage against their will, or any sexual touching of a person who has not consented.

What is sexual assault?

Firstly, it's worth us pointing out here that deciding if you've been sexually assaulted is a personal thing. What doesn't bother one person can deeply upset another. But the the law on sexual assault is actually quite clear - it describes it as being touched sexually without your consent. This includes what might be seen by many as harmless fun, like being groped in a club or forced into a kiss.

The fact is you don't have to put up with inappropriate behaviour, so if you didn't want to be groped or kissed, then in the eyes of the law it's sexual assault.

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/victimsofcrime/wasitsexualassault

The other day, writing in The Times about a comment Jeremy Irons made about touching women's bottoms and why it was OK, Caitlin Moran wrote (£): "it’s a good mental exercise to imagine that you, a man, are on a planet far, far away, populated by aliens roughly a foot taller than you, who have pretty much all the money, and who keep touching you on the arse when you’re just trying to look in a cupboard for printer cartridges." It's a good line, but it's also a serious point, a useful thought experiment for men who can't work out why women get all upset by "a bit of harmless fun"...[read more]

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100204136/lord-rennard-sex-scandal-heres-a-thought-experiment-for-men-who-think-sexual-harassment-is-harmless-fun/

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 23:40 ----------

Since when has banter involved touching? It is a verbal interchange.

Nonethless here are some interesting thoughts on banter -

Banter is not humour; banter is what people have when they lack a sense of humour. Banter is a catch-all word for idiocy that warns the rest of us that Here Be Lads. Banter is Soccer AM. It is Andy Gray. It is middle-aged men on Top Gear pretending that they are edgy outsiders by mocking society's weakest, then going home to Chipping Norton where they live two doors down from the Prime Minister. It is an English stag do in Dublin or Amsterdam with matching T-shirts. It is cruelty unleavened by wit but which is excused because it is a bit like wit, if you look at it from a certain angle. It what is left when humour has died, and just the rotting, stinking carcass remains, bearing a resemblance to the living being but lacking all that made it good. Banter is the Dunning-Kruger effect writ large. If you like banter, you are an idiot.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100141906/if-you-like-banter-you-are-an-idiot/

Edited by mikem8634

He should be sent to jail for pinching her bum and she should be sent to jail for publicly prostituting herself by face-sucking a man she had never met.

Where are the Stones when you need them?

The sooner there's a black flag flying over the Palace of Westminster the better ... apart from for the little Afghanistani boys. I'm buggered if I know what will happen to them.

I wonder, if he'd have been trying to place a kiss on her cheek instead, would there be the same outrage?

(seeing as that's what she's doing to Fabian Cancellara)

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 10:03 ----------

You're incredibly slow sometimes. Assault is exactly what it is.

Is trying to kiss someone without their consent considered assault?

(for the record, I think what the guy did was unacceptable)

Edited by RootsBooster