Council Leader on Radio Sheffield

Am i the only one getting fed up of these threads.Quite clearly the council defenders on this forum are councillors or would be councillors,one leaves plenty of clues as to who they are and so does another one.You are all just wasting your breath.For all you know you could be having an argument with the person who this thread is about.;)

Am i the only one getting fed up of these threads.Quite clearly the council defenders on this forum are councillors or would be councillors,one leaves plenty of clues as to who they are and so does another one.You are all just wasting your breath.For all you know you could be having an argument with the person who this thread is about.;)
i think theres only a cpl of councillors who frequent this thread and they are who they say they are. the police/fire brigade now have offical accounts with sf and let people know about crime/news etc. i wonder why scc cant do the same :suspect: will they be afraid to hear somehome truths ?

Well, I could waste my time refuting the all the accusations you post, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to your fixed anti-Labour and anti-Council mindset. But you couldn't be more wrong and you couldn't care less about being wrong. You know perfectly well what the strategy is for refurbishing the Town Hall and here's the quote from the Star you omitted to mention :

“The Town Hall is an old building and the meeting rooms have to be fit for purpose to enable democracy to function. A council spokesman said the upgrade of Town Hall rooms is part of its office accommodation strategy, approved last August, which involves moving out of 43 different leased office buildings and centralising staff at the Town Hall, Howden House and Moorfoot. Officers say the change will save £2.4 million per year."

As for a "war chest" who are you kidding? where is your evidence for such a ridiculous assertion? All Local Authority assets are audited by Central Government, who'd soon know if there were reserves which could be spent on public services.

But as I say, you don't really want to know any of this, do you?

Good to see someone putting the other side of the picture so well,and challenging that Penistone torys` extremist views. He also has a look of that other tory fanatic Jeremy Clarkson, well known for his "moderate opinions".

Probably his hero.

Ah someone has fallen for the Lib-Dem spin. £2million is being spent turning rooms in the Town Hall into usable modern office space (network access etc) so that the council can move more of it employees into one building and sell off/stop paying for other buildings currently used for office space such as Bannerdale. A one-off expense to provide an annual reduction in spending. The council (under both parties) have been doing this kind of thing for the past several years. EYECS for example have had to move their office location several times, every time to reduce the cost of rent.

There are plenty of examples of where the council aren't spending money as well as they should be but turning rooms in the Town Hall, the one building in Sheffield they aren't going to sell off, into office space isn't one of them.

So why did they pull down the Town Hall extension.

Everything was under the same roof then.

Good to see someone putting the other side of the picture so well,and challenging that Penistone torys` extremist views. He also has a look of that other tory fanatic Jeremy Clarkson, well known for his "moderate opinions".

Probably his hero.

so its ok for the council to knock down buildingd maybe the people of sheffield should have there say?

Probably his hero.

What is Extremist about highlighting council waste . ? I would have thought everyone would be against needless waste. ( Apart from the sheep who vote Labour because their dad voted Labour ,and because his dad voted Labour. )

What is Extremist about highlighting council waste . ? I would have thought everyone would be against needless waste. ( Apart from the sheep who vote Labour because their dad voted Labour ,and because his dad voted Labour. )

Just to bring you up to date : women now have the right to vote.

Just listening now...

Julie Dore doesnt know how much Sheftival lost? Nor does she know how did the revenues for Sheftival come about. But its ok for Sheftival to lose allegedly £150k but no one knows who took the decisions?

Where did the loss get put against? Stocksbridge? DVS? Or somewhere else?

Julie says it didnt cost SCC any loss, but SIV has to post it somewhere. Where Julie????

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 15:28 ----------

Julie Dore doesnt realise the reason that Sheftival failed was nothing to do with a bad idea. It failed because it wasnt marketed correctly, it didnt know what it was (Sports day or music day?) and the music lineups were not confirmed to a 25k capacity event, until 6 weeks until the event.

No promoter worth its salt would have remotely done this. If the promoters had to put the revenues up themselves, rather than from a SIV pot, they would never have risked it.

Edited by green

Good Points

I dont trust any of them what ever party they are , They all say one thing and do another. And one Party just has a Argument with the other Party who ever it is .

They all act like Kids at times or try to bully each other, a case of Labour/Lib dems/Torrys said this that or have done this.

They all just make you Laugh !!