Council Leader on Radio Sheffield

I've said it before, she does not have a 'good voice for radio', she comes over as out of her depth and slightly hysterical, that's probably why she has to resort to rhetoric and doctrine, it's safe territory and does not require imagination, spontaniety and intellectual ability. I couldn't do it, but then again I don't aspire to a position of civic leadership or any leadership come to that!

I've said it before, she does not have a 'good voice for radio', she comes over as out of her depth and slightly hysterical, that's probably why she has to resort to rhetoric and doctrine, it's safe territory and does not require imagination, spontaniety and intellectual ability. I couldn't do it, but then again I don't aspire to a position of civic leadership or any leadership come to that!

Julie Dore is a Sheffielder and speaks like one. She doesn't use "rhetoric and doctrine" as you don't usually learn that in a Sheffield comprehensive, or working for a Housing Association. Why would she try to use imagination and sponaneity when she's giving people plain facts?

Julie Dore is a Sheffielder and speaks like one. She doesn't use "rhetoric and doctrine" as you don't usually learn that in a Sheffield comprehensive, or working for a Housing Association. Why would she try to use imagination and sponaneity when she's giving people plain facts?

I think you misunderstood my post. A computer for instance is an excellent tool for revealing "plain facts", leadership requires something more.

The comparison about paying off the debt to the world student games, and still paying off a loan for a car which has been written off was a good one.

Unfortunately it's not a valid comparison as the facilities built for the WSG are still being used. It would be better to compare the WSG loan with a mortgage on a house, once you get a level of equity in your house you can then use that to borrow more for maintenance and extensions.

This is what has happened with the WSG loan, it's been used to fund further capital projects.

Unfortunately it's not a valid comparison as the facilities built for the WSG are still being used. It would be better to compare the WSG loan with a mortgage on a house, once you get a level of equity in your house you can then use that to borrow more for maintenance and extensions.

This is what has happened with the WSG loan, it's been used to fund further capital projects.

Julie Dores comparison...not mine