Rise in Atos appeals being overturned.

It was my understanding that this was basicly 'how the system works'.

They deem everyone fit to work, then the genuinely disabled appeal and win back their benefit.

The lazy freeloaders don't bother and get shifted onto JSA.

It's proper crap for those genuinely unable to work, but they can't afford to employ an army of doctors to asses everyone - so what can you do?

Quite clearly the last two comments are from people who have no clue how appeal systems work. They are probably the same sort of people who think the rather pathetic back to work schemes are a good idea and actually work.

It was my understanding that this was basicly 'how the system works'.

They deem everyone fit to work, then the genuinely disabled appeal and win back their benefit.

The lazy freeloaders don't bother and get shifted onto JSA.

It's proper crap for those genuinely unable to work, but they can't afford to employ an army of doctors to asses everyone - so what can you do?

What makes you, or anyone else, think that it would be the case that the only people who could win an appeal are the genuinely disabled ones?

When it comes to benefits, it tends to be the other way round- it's the professional scroungers who know the system inside out who tend to have far more success with claiming, than the people who actually are entitled to the benefits.

Think of how many people who've worked all their lives and end up unemployed, try to claim JSA and get turned down because they fill in the form wrong, whereas those who know the system, due to having been signing on for a decade, know exactly what to put.

What makes you, or anyone else, think that it would be the case that the only people who could win an appeal are the genuinely disabled ones?

I think anyone who appeals will probably get back the benefit, the people running the scheme just hope the chances don't appeal.

Let's face it. This whole ATOS thing was NEVER EVER about proper assessment. It was about getting people off the sick and on to JSA because JSA costs less on the benefit bills.

If was done correctly then there wouldn't be the shear number of complaints/appeals that there has been.

Nothing more than a cost-cutting scheme in disguise.

Let's face it. This whole ATOS thing was NEVER EVER about proper assessment. It was about getting people off the sick and on to JSA because JSA costs less on the benefit bills.

If was done correctly then there wouldn't be the shear number of complaints/appeals that there has been.

Nothing more than a cost-cutting scheme in disguise.

Am I right in thinking that after a year on JSA benefits stop? In which case those who have been put on JSA wrongly and can't work are going to be left high and dry?

Am I right in thinking that after a year on JSA benefits stop? In which case those who have been put on JSA wrongly and can't work are going to be left high and dry?

That's about it in a nutshell...

Along with those who also can't meet the requirements needed to continuously claim JSA too, and end up getting sanctioned...

There was something in there about the appeal rate being stopped too.

Would that mean if someone appealed they would have absolutely no support?

I know it used to be the assessment rate (the basic rate) while your appeal was in the system but if they stop the basic appeal rate then surely no body could afford to appeal so therefore no appeals!

I really really hope I have the wrong end of the stick.