2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Does anyone know if the trams will be running from Malin Bridge to town? The Supertram website says not but the Star says there will be a special service so people can shuttle up to Bradfield. Was thinking of heading to the city centre where the screens are and things.

Just to confirm malin bridge trams are running every thirty min. The tour shuttle malin bridge to bradfield is very busy. At the moment they are just clearing between trams

shame it not motorbikes, I might give flying then ! but hope every one enjoys the day

I love the cycling but yes motorcycles would be fantastic, and its nice of you to think of others unlike some of the misery guts knocking around :hihi:

What time(roughly) is it due to arrive at Bradfield

What time(roughly) is it due to arrive at Bradfield

I think its around 3:30.

what time it coming down grenoside area ?

I reckon 1-2.

I'm not sure whether to go up Greno, or down Wilcox. I think they'll be resting down Skew Hill I would think, especially after Jaw bone hill.

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 11:38 ----------

Well they are 58 miles from Grenoside now ish.

I reckon 1-2.

I'm not sure whether to go up Greno, or down Wilcox. I think they'll be resting down Skew Hill I would think, especially after Jaw bone hill.

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 11:38 ----------

Well they are 58 miles from Grenoside now ish.

I work it out as about 110 miles to the finish

Does anyone know if i will get to crystal peaks tonight?

I catch the 19:29 97 from southey library and then either the 42 or 120 up from the old castle market to crystal peaks bus station.

The travel south yorkshire journey planner shows the normal times and route so i dont know if that is correct or not.

Instead of turning up Herries road from Pennistone road, why not have them carry straight on through Hillsborough, on to Rivelin Valley road, then Manchester road?

I work it out as about 110 miles to the finish

Well I just google mapped it from where they are now to Greno. I didn't account for the actual route.

Could be significantly later than 2 then?

what time it coming down grenoside area ?

Caravan is coming at 14.10 into oughtibridge and the riders should be there around 3.45.

As we are emergency services we have been given the exact times. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable once in a lifetime experience today.

Caravan is coming at 14.10 into oughtibridge and the riders should be there around 3.45.

As we are emergency services we have been given the exact times. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable once in a lifetime experience today.

Blimey that's late!

I've got to find my way out to get to work. Looks like I'll miss it then :roll: