Man shooting squirrels and birds at Stannington.

What makes you think that he isn't sufficiently trained?

Well from what Iv read here if right his markmanship a bit questionable. It seems to me he shoots anything that moves lets hope its not a child he shoots next by accident. Like Iv said guns are not toys there weapons that can do a lot of damage training is vital on how to use them.

It sounds like he shoots squirrels and pigeons, that's what the OP reported seeing shot.

It sounds like he shoots squirrels and pigeons, that's what the OP reported seeing shot.

Lets hope it stays that way for his own sake.

Lets hope it stays that way for his own sake.

:hihi::hihi:

Stop being a drama queen and trying to make this man sound like Michael Ryan or some equally depraved nutjob.

Hes shooting vermin

Hes doing a public service.

Why comment if you don't know anything about the subject.

I probably know a lot more than you think. I was born and brought up in the country, so stop being such a superior know it all.

I probably know a lot more than you think. I was born and brought up in the country, so stop being such a superior know it all.

Well with nearly 50,000 posts under his belt he must have picked up tons of useless infomation on here and feels obliged to pass it on to us lower mortals.:roll:

Well with nearly 50,000 posts under his belt he must have picked up tons of useless infomation on here and feels obliged to pass it on to us lower mortals.:roll:

Yes, :D ............ and what's more I used to shoot myself, but only target shooting. I have never killed anything in my life. My friend actually used to shoot for Worc's ladies team.

Thank you Mike. So, research from the 2 leading bird conservation organisations in the country say that magpies have no appreciable effect on smaller songbirds. But hey, all the blustering armchair experts on here surely know better? After all, they have to justify their urge to kill things smaller than them somehow.

as the masters of said food chain we have decided they are vermin.

Therefore they dont have the same right to life as us.

Aww. It's nice that you can feel master of something. Even if it's only small, helpless creatures it must help your self-esteem.

Can i ask if you eat meat?

If I did, what would that have do with this thread? Whatever my feelings about it, and the many arguments against it, animals are killed to feed people. Unless this man is eating all the squirrels and magpies he catches (and as he seems to be leaving their mutilated bodies lying around we can assume he isn't), then what relevance does your comment have?

Aww. It's nice that you can feel master of something. Even if it's only small, helpless creatures it must help your self-esteem.

Yeah, it does.

Especially when i "off" a couple of the smaller fluffy ones.

I feel like 10 men:hihi:

Yes, :D ............ and what's more I used to shoot myself, but only target shooting. I have never killed anything in my life. My friend actually used to shoot for Worc's ladies team.

That sounds rather painful....... :D