Shootings reported at Batman premiere

I'll bet he is...doesn't have much choice! Another Anders Behring Breivik no doubt on a crusade to rid America of law abiding citizens!

Glad you've mentioned Breivik - for all those people who think this would have been avoided by more stringent gun laws I would ask you to look at the gun laws in Norway. Norway has good gun regulation but it didn't stop this nutter.

I'm afraid people who want be mass murderers will always find a way, either guns, cars, explosives or poisons.

To state that maybe the US will learn its lesson now and have better gun control not only grossly simplifies the issue but is an insult to the poor people who have been killed and injured.

seems to work ok in swizerland

Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture yet its got one of the lowest gun crime rate's in the world is so low that statistics are not even kept.

The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Probably because the people of Switzerland in no way resemble people of the US culturally. Fear, insecure, territorial, loud, aggressive etc. These are not traits of the Swiss.

Thank you. At least someone understands!

I can't believe how much people read total rubbish into innocuous comments. The fact that I wondered why there was a child there... obviously means that I think their parents are evil, they deserved to die for being out past their bedtime, and I have no sympathy whatsoever :loopy: :loopy:

You have every right to ask a seemingly trivial question because by just making a statement that the killer was a bad man does not give any understanding to the whole incident.

Why was a 6 year old there?

I think its a relevant question as any. Imagine if all we did was say that the Iceberg was to blame for the Titanic and then not go on to ask things like why were a lot of the underclasses locked below and not let out into the life boats. How would we ever know anything without questioning ?

You have every right to ask a seemingly trivial question because by just making a statement that the killer was a bad man does not give any understanding to the whole incident.

Why was a 6 year old there?

I think its a relevant question as any. Imagine if all we did was say that the Iceberg was to blame for the Titanic and then not go on to ask things like why were a lot of the underclasses locked below and not let out into the life boats. How would we ever know anything without questioning ?

Nobody knows why the 6 year old was there, my guess would probably to see the Batman film premiere. It was the 1st showing of the premiere @ midnight; people are dead & yet there are folks questioning parenting skills.

Please don't pillory someone who've lost a child, try your venom on the scum that's robbed them of growing up. When ever there is a tragedy we seem to forget the victims, and seem to look for reasons for blaming them for becoming victims.

Personally I hope someone does him on his way to custody or in custody, he does not deserve to live. And people wonder why there are people in favour of the death penalty.

In relation to the Titanic question all those poor souls that died in the lower decks died as you say due to class distinction, but remember it is a well considered fact that if she'd run into the berg full on she would have survived, okay bit battered but none the less would not have sunk.