Where would YOU deploy a speed trap in Sheffield?

Obviously you don't drive ... an urban clearway is a road where you can't stop for any reason apart from breakdown (or making a phone call) :)

Well, I do drive and I wasn't the one complaining of being confused by speed limit signage.

There I was thinking that your confusion extended far enough for you to assign some imaginary speed significance to "urban clearway". But now that you've looked it up, SF informs once again without, however, getting the credit.

Outside Niagara Police Club.

Ensure someone is equipped with a breathalyser at the same time, eh?

totally agree. :hihi:

Bottom of the Don, wont harass anyone there :hihi:

. Where would you site one and would it be for money or safety?

I wouldnt have any what so ever ,as they are just a revenue raising scam. I would weigh them all in for scrap at Wally Hesselwoods.

Redmires Road. And Long Line in Dore.

Edited by irenewilde

Technically it's part of Rotherham but I'd put one just after Aughton crossroads, leading into the village before you reach the Robin Hood pub. Too many accidents at the junction of Main St and Aston Lane can be attributed by drivers coming from Pleasley Road and not slowing to 30 at the crossroads where it's not only marked very well but it has an automated LED signboard which gets ignored often by not just car but buses and trucks too.

I'd also put one facing the other way to catch the morons who boot it just before the crossroads despite not hitting the NSL zone for another 150 yrds.

Redmires Road. And Long Line in Dore.

Redmires Road?!

How often have I been stuck behind a pensioner doing 27 mph on the 40 limit stretch of road. Late indicator to Lodge Moor News to buy their newspaper and mints before subjecting road users to the same treatment on their return journey.

Chapel Road in Chapeltown. People use it as a rat-run to avoid the roundabouts in Chap, but it has two primary schools on its' side roads, and is used by hundreds of kids going to and from Ecclesfield Comp, yet people still think it's okay to do 40mph. Makes me really cross...

The ring road between Lightwood roundabout and Norton/Jordanthorpe roundabout.

This would have the dual benfit of levying huge sums to be used for a variety of things, but also thinning out the number of drivers on the roads, thus reducing conjestion. Reason being, that the margin by which many speed on there will probably lead to bans as well as the fine...

The B-road that runs out of Eckington towards Whittington is a death trap. There is a sign which says "hidden dip - 40 max" and cars seem to speed up for it! There's a row of houses actually in the dip, and driving away from one of them is like playing russian roulette. You pull out, and suddenly a car flies into the dip at 70mph up your behind.

Before we go complaining that the roads are signposted wrongly, how about using avoiding your own confusion and using correct terminology?

"urban clearways"? How are they related to speed limits?

How about assuming that there are reasons (hazard levels) for the increase and decrease in speed limits. Maybe some of the signs relate to the side roads? (I don't particularly know the road in question).

Would you have the authorities not warn you about speed enforcement measures?

Oh, and how about knowing what the prevailing speed limits are, driving to them where practicable and safe AND avoid the horn-blasts of some on here (not me) who would drive you and your GF off the road as a numpty?

I assume by "Urban Clearway" they actually mean National speed limit signs.

I drive this road up to 5 times a week, the speed limit is 60 on the section from M1 J35A to top end of Stocksbridge, where the speed limit changes to 50, with 2 sections at 40, Through Midhopestones(where there is a crossroads), and through Langsett village(where again there are side roads).

It's all quite simple as long as you know what the signs mean, which the poster and his GF obviously don't!