Pay and display machine in Millhouses Park

I think you mean '...effect them'. We 'effect' change, not affect it.

Just out of curiousity, Planner1, do you have kids, and do you go to Millhouses Park?

No, I mean what I said. That is the correct grammar I believe.

When something affects you, it has an impact on you. That is what I am conveying, the fact that people do not want to accept additional charges when it personally affects them ie has an impact on them.

No, I don't visit Millhouses Park and I don't have kids.

I do sometimes visit Graves Park and use the car park there, so the charges will impact on me too.

Funny old thing. The 'council' told you these meters don't exist. Whether there are few or many, they do exist.

One may exist now. I will be interested to find out how long it has been around and whether it is approved for use in the UK.

I've seen this kind of issue come up before in the traffic signals field, UK companies advertise something which looks revolutionary, but when you scratch the surface, you find that in fact it is not approved for use in the UK. I do not have direct experience of parking equipment, so rely on the opinion of people who should know. I will find out whether this machine is something which can be used here.

SCC have had on-street pay and display machines for many years, if a new development happens, you can't reasonably expect them to go out and instantly change hundreds of machines.

And, also, how often is 'sometimes?' Once a week? once and month? once a year? One of my closest pals visits Millhouses Park almost every week day. He can't walk cos he takes his toddler with him, and it's a good couple of miles away from his house. These are the people who it is affecting.

So can we ask whether you will be parking in the car park and willingly coughing up, or parking on the road for free?

I believe that the charges only apply to the car park alongside the rare breeds centre. I tend to park in the car park at the pavilion, which may still be free.

Which car park I use, depends on who I am with and what I intend to do. I can foresee that there will be times when I use the pay and display.