Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Our bin collection has been moved from Tuesday to Monday.

Does anybody know if they are going to collect on Bank Holidays now, with it being fortnightly? The leaflet does state a collection for Monday 27 Aug.

Also, I'm a bit gobsmacked if they're not going to collect wood. Is this true?

There's probably an issue with wood being painted or varnished. The world comes to an end if it's burned.

Our bin collection has been moved from Tuesday to Monday.

Does anybody know if they are going to collect on Bank Holidays now, with it being fortnightly? The leaflet does state a collection for Monday 27 Aug.

Also, I'm a bit gobsmacked if they're not going to collect wood. Is this true?

From the website - A full refuse collection service will be made on bank holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, full arrangements will be publicised at the time

You need to be more inventive when hiding things in the wheelie, as the bin snoopers are all over these days. put any "Dodgy Items" right in the bottom of the wheelie ,because the snoopers are less likely to go right to the bottom to have a look( thats if they can reach the bottom).

I couldnt agree more. It seems that Veolia are getting worse with what they can and cannot accept so thats a good idea.

I do find the whole communication about the changes to bin times appaling. We had a little tag and a leaflet telling us it was changing then a further leaflet delivered on Saturday (where the bloke was probably paid double time or time and a half) to deliver it. The only thing that would have cost more is that if Cllr Jack Scott had delivered it personally.

As for the changes themselves. I dont have a problem in our area as we are only two people in the house. Though I suspect it will be an inconvienience for a lot of people. The choice of receptical for paper and cans is a good idea.

Our days were changed from Thursday to Monday. No notification that this would happen (obviously we knew there would be changes but expected to get a leaflet first). So we missed out on our collection today, as did the entire street, as no one had received any information from Veolia as to the change.

Our days were changed from Thursday to Monday. No notification that this would happen (obviously we knew there would be changes but expected to get a leaflet first). So we missed out on our collection today, as did the entire street, as no one had received any information from Veolia as to the change.

Some people have received information from Veolia that is totally incorrect, from what bin to put out to what day they are collecting.

Perhaps they have missed you out we got ours saturday, i cant be far from you.

We're just over the top of the hill. By the look of it they missed all our side of the hill out as there was a lot of bins out this morning

We didn't get a tag, just two leaflets, one giving wrong info!

Ah, so according to the new website, we should have had a blue bin collection on Thursday 9th. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. So by my reckoning, the last recycling collection we had was 25th July, the next one due on 23rd August. Hope they don't "miss out" a black bin collection as well, it'll get a bit whiffy!

I am disgusted by the fortnightly collection. We are a family of four with two kids and we regularly fill the black bin within a week. This is despite using the recycling (current blue bins both crammed) and reducing waste where possible. We also have an average sized garden but with lots of privet. One cut front and back last time produced 6 bags of garden waste. I do not have a car to take rubbish to the tip.

I have just phoned to order a larger bin and naturally do not meet the criteria - the criteria that has been set up by someone else to decide how much bin space we deserve. What the hell? What difference does having a larger bin make anyway? Instead it is kindly suggested that I can pay an additional £12 for some clear sacks for the garden waste - what on top of the £100 council tax is this? Total joke.

Same here. I called them and they apologised for being late with the leaflet, which has just arrived to tell me that I should have put my recycling out this morning! If you call them they will put it down as a 'missed collection' and come back for it, so you don't have to wait another fortnight.

Ah, so according to the new website, we should have had a blue bin collection on Thursday 9th. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. So by my reckoning, the last recycling collection we had was 25th July, the next one due on 23rd August. Hope they don't "miss out" a black bin collection as well, it'll get a bit whiffy!

We switched today, our last black bin was on Friday and they've come again today. Seems bonkers, but I don't think they're missing out collections so much as doubling up.