Is it normal to dodge missiles as a cyclist?

They train on the A1 and cause bedlam and joggers should stick to footpath as indeed most of them do or at least face oncoming traffic if they have no choice but to use road. Cyclists think they are a law unto themselves in the main and we see quite a few on way to work and I would say about 20% actually know trhe highway code because if the other 80% know it they definitely don't think it applies to them:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thats because the bulk of the HC relates to vehicles,not bikes.Cycles were on the road long before cars,and therefore should be respected accordingly.You rarely see an overweight cyclsts but many drivers are OBESE.

I have to say I cant stand most cyclists. They ride in the middle of the road when they should be near the kerb. One was riding along the right hand side of me today when I was blatantly about to turn right. I honestly turned like I wouldve if he werent there, why should I slow down or try to dodge him when he could see I was going right. I mean why should I do 10mph behind a cyclist when I can do the speed limit which is 30. Personally I cannot stand a cyclist riding like he owns the road, as long as they stick to the sides I dont mind. I say why should we watch out for bikes? Cyclists should watch out for us.

I have to say I cant stand most cyclists. They ride in the middle of the road when they should be near the kerb. One was riding along the right hand side of me today when I was blatantly about to turn right. I honestly turned like I wouldve if he werent there, why should I slow down or try to dodge him when he could see I was going right. I mean why should I do 10mph behind a cyclist when I can do the speed limit which is 30. Personally I cannot stand a cyclist riding like he owns the road, as long as they stick to the sides I dont mind. I say why should we watch out for bikes? Cyclists should watch out for us.

Here lies your problem

thats got to be a joke right??. in the cyclist Vs cars there is only one winner\ CARS. you cant get a car under a cyclist wheel, but its all too easy to end up seriously injured or dead the other way around. please tell us what vehicle you drive i think we would all feel safer knowing what to avoid at all costs, pedestrians included {probably}

Another sad little man compensating for something they are clearly lacking.

Yes. If your "us" is "drivers who ought to be under supervision and displaying L-plates". You have shown that you don't actually understand the road that you are driving on, and that you have not developed a mature attitude, if you really do drive like you say that you do.

1) There is nothing that suggests a cyclist should be in/by the kerb. There is more to suggest that a cyclist should be away from the kerb.

2) You should do 10mph if the vehicle in front is doing 10mph, and overtake when it is safe to do so

3) You are not obliged to drive at the speed limit, it is a limint, not a target

4) Your suggestion that you just deliberately and knowingly drive at people if you think they should not be there (regardless of whether there was a mistake or misjudgement) suggests that you really ought not to be in charge of a vehicle.

What is it about cars and roads that makes people so aggressive. If someone crosses the aisle in Tesco in front of us do we feel the need to run around them and cut them off, and throw a tomato at them? If someone moving slower in the queue do we see the gap and dash past them? Why do people then think such behaviour is NOT acceptable when pushing 5kg of wire basket on wheels, but think that it is perfectly fine in a ton of steel

Edited by Squiggs