Blades rumours 2012 - summer

Lol.

I heard the phrase 'he's good at putting out fires' in midfield.

But I thought: sure, he also throws water on a burning chip pan!

Dig the Lennon quote.

This is what Monty has always been about, he closes players down and stops the opposition from playing football. You can tell the lad to man mark play makers in Midfield and he will stick to them like glue and throw his body in front of just about anything. The down side being that once he has won the ball, if there's not a simple 5-10 yard pass on he gives the ball away again which is why he's never made more of himself.

Surplus to requirements these days as we actually play football through Midfield and need Central players who can spray the ball out left and right. Anything we get from him will be a massive bonus for us and having him off the wage bill would be a huge weight off our shoulders.

Discussing Marmite again people?

People will never agree on him.

I'm a fan of his attribute, but it is time for him to move on if we can get a buyer.

His wages for this level aren't sustainable, especially when he is no longer considered a first team player.

Sorry but he's crap, he gives the ball away, he couldn't trap a bag of cement, can't pass his tackling is atrocious, at best. If he'd took ten shots at John Lennon, he'd still be alive; fans loved him because pillock Warnock, kept saying oh he's a wonder. The only wonder I ever saw, was how he got a bloody game

Gotta agree with most of that and I like the Lennon quote there.

He could tackle though and win the ball but true it doesn't mean he did anything with it.

Discussing Marmite again people?

People will never agree on him.

I'm a fan of his attribute, but it is time for him to move on if we can get a buyer.

His wages for this level aren't sustainable, especially when he is no longer considered a first team player.

Totally agree with everything said here.

Apparently Millwall have today lodged a firm bid for Nick Montgomery if sources are to believed, The Star say that Burnley are interested as well

In todays paper that Millwall Leeds and Burnley are interested 500k, Think he will end up at leeds with Sir Neil :hihi:

Apparently Millwall have today lodged a firm bid for Nick Montgomery if sources are to believed, The Star say that Burnley are interested as well

In todays paper that Millwall Leeds and Burnley are interested 500k, Think he will end up at leeds with Sir Neil :hihi:

I think Leeds on paper should be the front runners based on the fact Warnock is in the hot seat first and foremost but secondly Monty wants to bring his family up close to his West Yorkshire based family which is more than understandable. But if I am blatantly honest I can't see for the life of me how Monty would improve Leeds midfield, then again a very under par Michael Brown has been getting a game for them and he's gone down hill ever more by the season since leaving United so.

Is Monty captain (as it says in that paper?) I thought it was Doyle...

£500k though - looks like three clubs can see what he can add to a team! Getting anywhere near that amount as well as saving on his wages would be a real bonus, the sooner the better... As a Leeds lad, and with Warnock and Kenny there, you'd think it'd be a cert he'd goto Leeds, assuming old Ken isn't too tight on the wages!

if he goes to Leeds , it will improve our midfield !!!!!!

Thursday 9th August Teletext states Jordan Slew is moving to Oldham on a six month loan.

His parent club, Blackburn are being linked to Colin Kazim-Richards.

Thursday 9th August Teletext states Jordan Slew is moving to Oldham on a six month loan.

His parent club, Blackburn are being linked to Colin Kazim-Richards.

Colin Kazim-Richards is training with Blackburn Rovers, they had a film crew at their training session from Sky Sports last night, looks like he is on a one year loan, Blackburn are chasing Jordan Rhodes as well.

According to twitter, a new signing to be announced this morning...(possibly Blackman from Blackburn?).

Also, the Star reporting Huddersfield and Blackpool have joined the chase for Monty... and the possibility of Cresswell moving onto Scunny. http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-monty-mania-1-4820245

If cress goes to Scunny, I'd be very happy.

Not because I dislike him, but because his wages are too high.

I'd also like Monty and Quinn to leave for the same reasons.