Blades rumours 2012 - summer

McMahon is more than acceptable at league 1 level, he's a good signing for you fellas there's no doubt about that, as for Shaun Miller he's an interesting one, he scored 19 or around that mark the season before last so obviously has an eye for goal, for the small fee he can't be knocked worth a try if you ask me...

As Dot says top post Corker.

I think the the main thing Miller offers is variation along with Cofie. We now have different options to lead the line, In Cresswell we have experience and a physical presence and like Porter he can be in the right place at the right time and poach a goal in and around the 6 yard box. In Cofie and miller we have a real handful in pace and confidence, they will run at defenders and cause them hassle which is always good. Would still like a out and out striker but I think one of these players will be more than capable to make a name for themselves next season and looking at Cofie last week I think we have a 10+ striker there easy, if this Miller can re-find his form with the excellent midfielders he will have behind him eg McDonald then he could come trumps as well.

As is looking good down at the lane.

more Wednesday imaginary stats ! he played 33 games last season so.how is he 5th choice ? You made that up again didn't you !The signing doesn't inspire me but please don't feel the need to add your own lies regarding our signings

Quote from Crewe manager Steve Davis

"It was time for Shaun to have a fresh challenge. He was fifth choice and we need to give these lads a chance

Scooby; by having someone who was 5th choice does not mean a lot, don't forget how fickle footy is, he's only got to fall out with the manager.

Then no matter how well he does, it can affect his ranking at a club, we will have to wait & see; we all said same when we coughed up £40k to Donny. We all know how that story ended, don't we?

Scooby; by having someone who was 5th choice does not mean a lot, don't forget how fickle footy is, he's only got to fall out with the manager.

Then no matter how well he does, it can affect his ranking at a club, we will have to wait & see; we all said same when we coughed up £40k to Donny. We all know how that story ended, don't we?

Can't be very inspiring though, although i agree with the fact that we probably shouldn't judge players until we've seen them ... just find it funny how S2 chucked the toys out of the pram when it was the Crewe manager himself saying the player was his 5th choice!

It doesn't look like a very ambitious signing to me but we'll have to wait and see.

It doesn't look like a very ambitious signing to me but we'll have to wait and see.

That's all we can do, we have to accept that for time being we are shopping in the football equivalent of, Primark :)

I must admit I'd never heard of him and it's a bit worrying he can't get in Crewes team. Hopefully Danny has seen something in him he can work on.

We are told to expect a big named departure from the club some time in the near future, if rumours are to be believed then we are looking at Quinn or Maguire however Wilson has dug his feet in regarding Maguire and put a high price tag on his head now plus Maguire has supposed said he wants to stay at The Lane and help get us promoted next year which I actually believe. Quinn on the other hand I feel could favour the move to Leeds to join up with Paddy Kenny and Neil Warnock and in my opinion would be less of a loss, cracking on his day but lacks any sort of consistency.

I am interested to see whether our triple signings yesterday will be enough for Wilson should we lose a high profile player. Should Maguire go he has signed Hill and McMahon who can both play his position, should Quinn go again we have McMahon who is quite happy playing in Midfield and has a cracking long range shot on him.

Would personally love to see another premiership youngster come in on a season long loan in Midfielder but I would also like to see us sign another winger, we seem to have options everywhere else but I want the extra creative options in there.

We are told to expect a big named departure from the club some time in the near future, if rumours are to be believed then we are looking at Quinn or Maguire however Wilson has dug his feet in regarding Maguire and put a high price tag on his head now plus Maguire has supposed said he wants to stay at The Lane and help get us promoted next year which I actually believe. Quinn on the other hand I feel could favour the move to Leeds to join up with Paddy Kenny and Neil Warnock and in my opinion would be less of a loss, cracking on his day but lacks any sort of consistency.

I am interested to see whether our triple signings yesterday will be enough for Wilson should we lose a high profile player. Should Maguire go he has signed Hill and McMahon who can both play his position, should Quinn go again we have McMahon who is quite happy playing in Midfield and has a cracking long range shot on him.

Would personally love to see another premiership youngster come in on a season long loan in Midfielder but I would also like to see us sign another winger, we seem to have options everywhere else but I want the extra creative options in there.

Would be ok with Quinn & Willo going-which looks like a cert now.Monty off the wage books would be good as well, giving us room for A N Other at least.

I don't want to see Quinn go he reads a game light years ahead of anyone else we have in the squad at the moment and is invaluable in this league.

I would prefer to lose Monty over Quinn. Monty does a job, defending in midfield and slowing the game down, but that is about it, Quinn can contribute a lot more than that.

Would be ok with Quinn & Willo going-which looks like a cert now.Monty off the wage books would be good as well, giving us room for A N Other at least.

Monty off wage bill would be brilliant, given he's crap