Ched Evans court trial.

dont forget hes a son, boyfriend, brother etc etc people still love him no matter what hes done or not done

I'm not an Owl, so i don't lean towards either team. I just think that such a quick decision by all of the jury is really damning. Also the fact that the judge sentenced him straight away instead of waiting for the reports after the weekend also leans it towards it being very clear cut.

a judge usually would if someone has gone not guilty and been found guilty as there is no need for reports as the defendant has forfeited the right of mitigating reports

The jury took 5 hours to come to a decision, by no means a quick decision.

I disagree I think that 5 hours is a quick decision. Was it 5 hours for both defendants?

I disagree I think that 5 hours is a quick decision.

5 minutes is a quick decision.

5 hours, IMO is not.

I wouldn't say it is a particularly long time, but it's certainly not a quick decision.

Prison's full of people who's partners believe them to be innocent. Unfortunately, love does blind you to reality sometimes.

Do you think Nelson Mandela's family were right to want him out. What about the Birmingham 6. And many more.

I'm not saying Evans is innocent, just that sometimes people end up in prison when they're innocent.

5 minutes is a quick decision.

5 hours, IMO is not.

I wouldn't say it is a particularly long time, but it's certainly not a quick decision.

Was it 5 hours for both defendants?

I'm not an Owl, so i don't lean towards either team. I just think that such a quick decision by all of the jury is really damning. Also the fact that the judge sentenced him straight away instead of waiting for the reports after the weekend also leans it towards it being very clear cut.

When you get found guilty after a trial it is up to the judge whether he will adjourn sentence for reports to be prepared.

Having or not having a pre sentence report is no indication of how clear cut a case is.

Was it 5 hours for both defendants?

Well, they gave both decisions at the same time.

So I guess we will never know if they came to one decision a lot quicker than the other.

When you get found guilty after a trial it is up to the judge whether he will adjourn sentence for reports to be prepared.

Having or not having a pre sentence report is no indication of how clear cut a case is.

So why would the judge decide to pass sentence straight away instead of adjourning the case for time to consider his options?

So why would the judge decide to pass sentence straight away instead of adjourning the case for time to consider his options?

I presume he has had plenty of opportunity during the trial to research the likely tarrif etc and decide what the sentences would be if either or both were found guilty. Once the jury decide, he could be ready. If he is, then he might as well get it over with. There'd be no reason to delay the sentence.

All this evidence you talk of, will have been heard by his girlfriend too.

She clearly doesn't think it is as clear cut as the jury do.

As for being desperate, perhaps she's just in love.

Well then she needs to be a bit more careful about the company she keeps.

As for her not agreeing with the jury, i'm shocked! NOT!!!

The jury have heard all the evidence, when will people get that through their heads? IT WAS A 12-0 Verdict!

I wish people would stop trying to defend him, he's a rapist for gods sake!

I pity some people i really do, one of them being the victim!

Well then she needs to be a bit more careful about the company she keeps.

As for her not agreeing with the jury, i'm shocked! NOT!!!

The jury have heard all the evidence, when will people get that through their heads? IT WAS A 12-0 Verdict!

I wish people would stop trying to defend him, he's a rapist for gods sake!

I pity some people i really do, one of them being the victim!

Where have people not accepted that he has been sent down because of the jury?