Ched Evans court trial.

Compare and Contrast.

2004, Lee Hughes was convicted of death by dangerous driving immediately sacked by WBA on the verdict.

Ched Evens....still being paid as an employee of SUFC

Have United said they are going to still be paying his wages ?

Was that not based on evidence not used though and therefore technically new evidence.

i believe there was new evidence but the actual double jeopardy law WAS changed

yes you can, it was changed to retry the stephen lawerence suspects

They were only tried again because there was significant new evidence. Without that there wouldn't have been a second trial. That's why Stephen's three other killers are still free - there wasn't any new evidence against them.

The only people who truly know what happened that night are the people that were there, it's no good speculating saying she must have known what was going to happen because we do not know.

Have United said they are going to still be paying his wages ?

United have refused to make a statement about any aspect of this case, any talk of what they may or may not be saying is just guesswork.

yup and if united do get promotion in 2nd place they will owe it in part to the 35 goals scored for them fielding a convicted rapist, although he wasnt convicted at the time, no one will care..

Thats a bit low Special - expect more from you to be fair

Im a blade an cant believe that other blades are sticking by a rapist, he wouldnt have been convicted if he didnt do it, there must have been solid evidence. :loopy:

i believe there was new evidence but the actual double jeopardy law WAS changed

Yes, before someone couldn't be tried again even if there was new evidence. Another of the cases that led to a change in the law was a killer who was aquitted of murder and then spent years boasting about how he got away with it. I believe he was one of the first to be convicted once the law was rightly changed.

yup and if united do get promotion in 2nd place they will owe it in part to the 35 goals scored for them fielding a convicted rapist, although he wasnt convicted at the time, no one will care..

So Utd played someone who was at the time an innocent man who was under contract to them :loopy:

I too am confused by the one did one didn't verdict, only time will tell what the end result will become.

I do have to say however, that despite not being her fault, the woman involved should have known better than to go back to a hotel room with a stranger, drunk or not. Nobody should get that drunk.

Im a blade an cant believe that other blades are sticking by a rapist, he wouldnt have been convicted if he didnt do it, there must have been solid evidence. :loopy:

Who has stuck up for him ? I havent seen a post on here thats for him.

So Utd played someone who was at the time an innocent man who was under contract to them :loopy:

.. and technically not convicted !!