Ched Evans court trial.

bassett-boys

IMO there must be something in what MacDonald did that means the jury believes he had been given consent - either that she said something to him or someone else that could be interpreted as consentual, even if she disagrees. But nothing I've read jstifies Evans.

I think so...does Evans go straight to prison from today?

I don't entirely disagree with you. IMO there must be something in what MacDonald did that means the jury believes he had been given consent - either that she said something to him or someone else that could be interpreted as consentual, even if she disagrees. But nothing I've read jstifies Evans.

The very same thing that justifies MacDonald justifies Evans - she said yes.

Or, it doesn't, because she was too drunk to remember and therefore incapable of giving consent. But it absolutely cannot be valid for one and not the other.

I've never seen a contract that doesn't have provision for criminal convictions. All of them, without fail, set out the procedure by which you will be dismissed if you get one. None of them, ever, will include a clause saying that you can be fired twenty seconds after the verdict is handed down; you are legally entitled to a hearing before you get fired. It won't help you, but your employer has to hold it regardless.

I actually know two soldier brothers who got two years for gbh, they were paid while they were in prison and dismissed from the army on the day of their release.

With them coming back so quickly I thought it would be majority verdict but I dont think that would damage an appeal as its based on new evidence hun.

Just read this Missy love:

He can only appeal verdict if new evidence is available or there was a serious court procedure wrong. Can appeal sentance tho'

I think Macdonald came across better in the witness box and Ched did himself no favours

Maybe Ched should use the Macdonald defence team, in the event of an appeal!

For now we have to accept the guilty verdict. non of us know the true facts, non of use were in court, but every one of us accept rape as/is a serious crime..

Rubbish, how can it be unfair if you are convicted of a serious criminal offense? for a start you want be at work tomorrow will you.

Seriously go check any standard employment contract, most have provision for criminal convictions. I am self employed at the moment but my wife's does and she world for the NHS.

Having worked in HR, it would not be unreasonable to end someones contract as they cannot fulfill their role anymore. I have been in this position and ended someones contract for being convicted. Just wanted to put that straight.

Having worked in HR, it would not be unreasonable to end someones contract as they cannot fulfill their role anymore. I have been in this position and ended someones contract for being convicted. Just wanted to put that straight.

What about breach of contract ???

Maybe Ched should use the Macdonald defence team, in the event of an appeal!

For now we have to accept the guilty verdict. non of us know the true facts, non of use were in court, but every one of us accept rape as/is a serious crime..

Agree

I think Cheds response to hearing of his brothers arrest and the fact that he exited the hotel via the fire exit were his downfall.

I never saw the comments about calling her a whore - i did however pull someone up for saying something about the women in question....so no and if you came on this section more you would know that I am no way a "them" and "us" kinda poster. I saw your comment and responded to it. I wasnt aware of the team you support !

You tell me I made a silly comment so if you make one expect to be told the same.It dosn't matter what kind of poster you are or what talent he has,he's a rapist,end off.