Coalition MPs to be challenged by NHS Doctors at next election

250 doctors and professors have vowed to stand against MPs who vote for the NHS legisation that will increase the privatisation of health services.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/letters/ios-letters-medics-launch-national-campaign-7576235.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/doctors-bid-to-unseat-50-mps-in-revenge-over-nhs-bill-7576423.html

Excellent, it's refreshing to see people standing for what they believe in a constructive way that can be meaningful and effective rather than just having an ineffective moan to anyone who feels equally disenfranchised.

They will rightly lose their deposits if they stand with a single agenda, but well done them!

Excellent, it's refreshing to see people standing for what they believe in a constructive way that can be meaningful and effective rather than just having an ineffective moan to anyone who feels equally disenfranchised.

They will rightly lose their deposits if they stand with a single agenda, but well done them!

You mean like Richard Taylor and Martin Bell?

If they are successfull they will create chaos and the NHS will continue its downward spiral.

It'll be interesting to see what their policies on foreign affairs, military spending, tax rates and all the boring governmental stuff, are going to be.

Unfortunately, an awful lot of people might very well vote for someone who has a single policy and not the faintest clue what to do on every other issue. Kidderminster was effectively without an MP for five years, after they elected a doctor whose sole policy was "don't close Kidderminster Hospital" - not a particularly useful stand to take when the subject under discussion is how should we respond to China's growing influence in the Pacific, or whether or not we should reduce the National Speed Limit to 50mph.

I consider the NHS to be one of the most important organisations in our modern society, and I would definitely seriously consider voting for someone who is against the changes. I would have to find out what their views on other things were as well. I hope we get one standing in my constituency!

I'm sure that's what Labour though when Dr Richard Taylor campaigned against them for the Wyre Forest seat in 2000, solely on the issue of hospital closures. He won with a majority of 18,000.

If they are successfull they will create chaos and the NHS will continue its downward spiral.

So you believe a group of millionaires who probably dont use the NHS are better to manage it than a group of Doctors who have worked in the industry for years.

Great news this! The next election im sure will not be about the big parties anymore!

Archived