Drivers failing to stop at pedestrian crossings

Today, I used a pelican crossing. The signals had changed for vehicles to stop and predestrians to cross. I was about a third of the way across the road when a car drove straight through the red light at about 30 mph, making no attempt to slow down, let alone stop.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to report this? I've got the registration number and description of the driver and car.

I see drivers failing to stop at pedestrian crossing pretty regularly but this was easily the most dangerous incident I've seen.

There are FAR too many impatient, aggressive drivers around IMO. For example, yesterday I was driving at 30mph on a 30mph limit road. I was overtaken by a driver that HAD to get in front on me. It was pretty busy so he only then got 'stuck' in front of another car doing 30mph. And then had to stop in front of me a few seconds later at some traffic lights. Why, why, why??? :loopy:

Same thing happened to me with the wife and kids yeaterday (but in Sleaford).

About 5.30pm, very quiet, pushed button, green man strainght away, started crossing, car approaching, didn't slow down and crossed the crossing when we were about 2/3 of the way across. Couldn't believe it! Good job one of the kids didn't decide to mess about or stop suddenly as they tend to do at times.

Same thing happened to me with the wife and kids yeaterday (but in Sleaford).

About 5.30pm, very quiet, pushed button, green man strainght away, started crossing, car approaching, didn't slow down and crossed the crossing when we were about 2/3 of the way across. Couldn't believe it! Good job one of the kids didn't decide to mess about or stop suddenly as they tend to do at times.

I know, I'm just thankful there weren't around kids around when this happened. It was about 8.50 this morning so it was still pretty busy and there was no excuse for this. It was a middle aged guy with a woman passenger. Maybe he should have known better at his age:loopy:

After reading this it makes me sick that there are idiots that that drive recklessly in 30mph areas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-17139275

Hppens more or less every day, that and failing to indicate before a manoeuvre

Yes, I know, I see it nearly day I walk to work!! What made this one worse though was the fact he made NO effort to slow down from about 30mph, the lights hadn't only just changed and I was about a third of the way across the road!!

Hppens more or less every day, that and failing to indicate before a manoeuvre

That bothers me too, nothing worse than being sat at a roundabout and the moron turns off without indicating.

But if the police had a massive clampdown and started fining people you'd get the usual idiots moaning that its a stealth tax on motorists or cash cow .

Today, I used a pelican crossing. The signals had changed for vehicles to stop and predestrians to cross. I was about a third of the way across the road when a car drove straight through the red light at about 30 mph, making no attempt to slow down, let alone stop.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to report this? I've got the registration number and description of the driver and car.

Yes, you call the police (non-emergency) and report it. Give them the details and they take it from there.

I once did it after I was taking my little sister to the dentist and one nearly hit us.

Turned out the driver wasn't supposed to be driving at all for medical reasons & had his licence revoked.

Absolutely, report it to the Police. It will be noted down but nothing will be done necessarily until something else is reported. That's the point, until somebody like yourself starts off the "record" the driver carries on doing whatever he likes.

It might have been a one-off but it might be a part of a pattern or series.

Archived