Is a book really worth all this?

Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?

• Yes
    • No

maybe they think that because they remember the islamic worlds reaction to a certain book by salman rushdie.how many copies of that got burned in muslim countrys?(actually most of them got burned in none muslim countrys)

with halibuts way of thinking it'd have been understandble for us to start attacking and burning down mosques in the uk for what we hold central to our culture.

freedom of speech

The Islamic world? What is this Islamic world you talk of.

point taken.I agree

you"ve obviously become a born again christian:D

Eugh, Religion..:gag:

:hihi::hihi:

The Islamic world? What is this Islamic world you talk of.

The whole world is Islamic, it just that some of us have not yet been told of this.

All those who are not islamic are infidels, and therefore up for slaughter.

It would only seem fair, before all these rules were put in place that we could have been informed.

Rather than mad wildeyed armies killing all before them, why not send out a few missionaries first, to test the water?

In the area where I live, the Leeds/Bradford conurbation, many thousands of muslims live.

They live a completely different existence, and never invite outsiders into their world.

If people were made more welcome, they may find conversion easier, and less confrontation in the wider world.

If those lads from Bradford had talked to a few people, and tried to convert them, perhaps they would not have blown themselves to hell.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Quoran or Holy Bible just a mumbo jumbo of words that mean very little in 2012.

Who actualy gives a flying **** over these books or what happens to them. Burnt on a fire, chucked into a well, or used for *** paper how can it possibly encourage a human being to kill another human being. They are just a symbol and mean didly squat, other than an excuse for man to kill man. Bloody rediculous IMHO. Grow up and smell the coffee would be my advice to these book readers.

Angel.

I agree. I understand however, exactly why the protestors are so angry. The burning of these books was a crassly stupid and provocative act.

You must think the burning of paper and ink is worse than rape and child abuse.

On another thread you said any possible violence/reprisals in response to Asian rape gangs would be by cretins, yet you are prepared to make your excuses for mob violence in response to burning books that has already killed dozens.

On another thread you said any possible violence/reprisals in response to Asian rape gangs would be by cretins, yet you are prepared to make your excuses for mob violence in response to burning books that has already killed dozens.

You know thats an incredibly good point.

Im really looking forward to the answer..

No its the mindset of the religious morons behind the book ,it helps highlight the hatred that this book generates amongst its followers, the followers of the so called religion of peace using a book to excuse the killing and bloodshed says a lot about the supposedly peaceful intentions of Islam.

To dust off an old chestnut; ‘the exact same applies to near enough every holly book ever read’. It’s been like that forever, and will be that way for a long time. The Muslims do not have the monopoly on holly-book based buffoonery.

Quoted for truth.

Ultimately its a book. There are plenty of other copies of the book to replace it. What the book stands for is still there. If it were Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows that had been burnt you wouldn't get scores of Hogwartians taking to the streets causing carnage.

Are we not beyond the point where people can see that words on paper are replaceable but principles stand firm forever?

Unfortunately, no, we’re not. And, at the risk of repeating myself, the issue at hand is bigger than ‘the book’. These people have issues much bigger than that. And most of the real hard nut ‘terrorists’-if not most, many of them-are more nationalist zealots, rather than die hard Jihadists. Flip the script for a second and consider the reaction if we were occupied by them and they did that.

Try reading what I've written rather than what you assume I've written - I've made the point twice already that I neither condone nor excuse the violence.

I'm merely saying that I understand why those people are angry.

To dust off an old chestnut; ‘the exact same applies to near enough every holly book ever read’. It’s been like that forever, and will be that way for a long time. The Muslims do not have the monopoly on holly-book based buffoonery.

Really so if I burned a bible in the middle of Sheffield and said I was a Muslim, there would be wholesale shootings and murders down Darnall way..somehow I dont think, so do you ?