Is a book really worth all this?

Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?

• Yes
    • No

Interesting use of the term 'accident'. That's not accident in the sense of someone carelessly droping a fag end or a match is it though?

The holy books were confiscated from prisoners and burned - the US military has quite rightly apologised, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

It wasnt exactly deliberate, it was stupid, mornoic, and a whole host of other things but you cant get away from the fact it was a mistake, a geniuine human error.

Is it really worth a single hair on someone head let alone all the deaths there have been and the many more there will likely be??.

It wasnt exactly deliberate, it was stupid, mornoic, and a whole host of other things but you cant get away from the fact it was a mistake, a geniuine human error.

Is it really worth a single hair on someone head let alone all the deaths there have been and the many more there will likely be??.

No, as I've already indicated. The anger and violence are understandable however even if they're regrettable.

Cant see where you get that from.

I dont want any particular answer.

Just honest ones.

If you cant seethat then thats your problem mate.

However, i suspect your trying to scew the OP in some way, to try and deflect what is a genuine question.

Heres a tip, dont. Youll only look daft :)

That’s not, and never has been my intention. And everyone who 'knows' me here knows it's not my thing. But, all good. Let’s agree to not agree.

My bold.

Outstanding!!

Thank you for your honesty :)

The lawyer thing again. I can cut and paste and ‘bold’ YOUR posts to make it seem as if you’re saying all sorts. Back to the topic, such as it is-I think we’ve run the course of our ‘discussion’.

The lawyer thing again. I can cut and paste and ‘bold’ YOUR posts to make it seem as if you’re saying all sorts. Back to the topic, such as it is-I think we’ve run the course of our ‘discussion’.

Be my guest. Although why youd do that and what you think the debate would gain from that is beyond me.

Be my guest. Although why youd do that and what you think the debate would gain from that is beyond me.

Was just making a point. The debate we had, such as it was, ran its course. You phrased the question the way you want it. It pointed out what I thought is a flaw, you didn’t see that. I said why I thought it was a flaw. You said why you didn’t think it is. We gave up. Well, I did. It’s your thread. I REALLY don’t want to derail it. I’m actually finding it interesting; the points of view being put across. Will chime in when I think I’ve got something to say. But not looking to derail your train of thought. Nothing to be gained there. You’re right.

Was just making a point. The debate we had, such as it was, ran its course.

And we agreed to disagree. Then low and behold you want to discuss again.

You phrased the question the way you want it.

The easiest way that the most people would get.

It pointed out what I thought is a flaw, you didn’t see that.

Because there was no floor. Not unless you really want there to be one.

I dont, im impartial, im just here to debate stuff.

You said why you didn’t think it is.

And i think i have avalid point, dont you?

We gave up. Well, I did. It’s your thread.

Thats the point, it isnt really. Its here for everyone to share their views weather i like them or not.

I REALLY don’t want to derail it.

Fair enough.

I’m actually finding it interesting; the points of view being put across.

I agree, it seems to be shaping up to be one of the better threads of this ilk.

Will chime in when I think I’ve got something to say. But not looking to derail your train of thought. Nothing to be gained there. .

Cant argue with that :)

You’re right.

Well i have to say thats very decent of you :)