Bad customer service in Sheffield.

What do you all expect from staff who are paid low wages, why should they care about the company they work for who pays them the minimum they can, but wants them to do everything. You wouldnt get a bad attitude from someone working in a bank on £30k for 40 hours, as they are been paid well. I also used to work in a shop and you do have to deal with some right idiots that can get you rattled, plus when you feel rubbish and dont want to be there, you cant be doing with miss happy whos just walked in telling you how wonderful things are while shes taking an hour to get the money out of her purse. Just face it, if the staff are not helpful and polite then they dont like you, youve not lost anything so just get on with it.

What do you all expect from staff who are paid low wages, why should they care about the company they work for who pays them the minimum they can, but wants them to do everything. You wouldnt get a bad attitude from someone working in a bank on £30k for 40 hours, as they are been paid well. I also used to work in a shop and you do have to deal with some right idiots that can get you rattled, plus when you feel rubbish and dont want to be there, you cant be doing with miss happy whos just walked in telling you how wonderful things are while shes taking an hour to get the money out of her purse. Just face it, if the staff are not helpful and polite then they dont like you, youve not lost anything so just get on with it.

What a crap attitude to have.

I agree. I never encounter rude staff, but maybe that's just because I'm polite to them

Coincidence?

What a crap attitude to have.

It is yes, i dont like it myself but its how it is now.

After reading This Thread about bad service at a Sheffield post office, It made me think of some places where I'd been where the service was equally as bad if not worse.

The worst was a local garage who told me one price to which I agreed but then it had changed to £60 more as they had found something else - and it would be illegal to drive the car away as it wasn't fully repaired due to the 2nd thing.

There is also one elderly woman on the tills at Asda Handsworth who will only talk to certain people, strange as it is I've noticed this as Ive been stood in long queues. She has a constant grumpy look on her face and even challenges you over the bags!

I think that one of the worst areas of poor service in Sheffield was (and may still be) the Hospital Patient Transport Service run by Yorkshire Ambulance Service, some patients were kept waiting for upto 4 hours to go home while staff were stood about doing nothing, totally unacceptable. Patients at Weston Park who have had chemo dont need the hassle of waiting all that time before getting home after their medical treatment, also patients late getting to the hospital on time for their appointments was an ongoing problem.

I was never rude to someone just because some other person had wound me up. I also was never rude just because I was on NMW or low paid.

Some people just have good customer service skills and don't feel the need to take their own bad moods out on other people.

You wouldnt get a bad attitude from someone working in a bank on £30k for 40 hours, as they are been paid well.

Having worked in a bank myself (and still only on £12500 even after promotion) I can tell you that I was always polite and tried to be as helpful as possible, despite being on a poor wage. Wage shouldn't even be a factor in customer service.

i work in a supermarket (only one day a week fortunately) and I try my upmost to be polite to people because i value my job. if a customer complains about me i could get disciplinary warnings etc and ultimately lose my job; not worth it to me. besides, customers deserve to be treated with respect because they're effectively paying my wages and it goes full circle too cos I'm a customer too and so I deserve respect when i hand my money over.

i work in a supermarket (only one day a week fortunately) and I try my upmost to be polite to people because i value my job. if a customer complains about me i could get disciplinary warnings etc and ultimately lose my job; not worth it to me. besides, customers deserve to be treated with respect because they're effectively paying my wages and it goes full circle too cos I'm a customer too and so I deserve respect when i hand my money over.

I can't agree that they deserve respect because they pay your wages. Not at all. Everyone pays everyones wages if you look at the bigger picture. They deserve respect if they're respectful to you. That's the only thing that should qualify you to gain respect.

I work for John Lewis and only get paid min wage but i would never be rude to a customer, i treat every customer as i expect to be treat myself, we at John Lewis pride our self on giving very good customer service .

I went into John Lewis last week, and bought a bar of soap and was charged £14.99 for it. When I went to customer services they just said "Thats Lifebuoy".

I went into John Lewis last week, and bought a bar of soap and was charged £14.99 for it. When I went to customer services they just said "Thats Lifebuoy".

:hihi::hihi::hihi: