Post Office rudeness in Sheffield

Exactly! SO why do they grt away with it. I have actually complained to the Post Office several times about one post office and all they do is say they will log the complaint but cannot do anything! And guess what...since i complained the mail that I have sent from there with that particular man who is so rude....2 of the items went missing in one day...never happened before, wouldnt suprise me if he threw them in the bin!

The people who work in Sheffield post offices are so damn rudes in unbelievable just because they are not bothered about customer service as they KNOW you have to go back as its the only place the send something recorded delivery e.t.c!

What....all of them? Every post office worker?

Why are you telling everyone? Write a letter to them. There are proper ways to make a complaint, shouting on a forum is not one.

Exactly! SO why do they grt away with it. I have actually complained to the Post Office several times about one post office and all they do is say they will log the complaint but cannot do anything! And guess what...since i complained the mail that I have sent from there with that particular man who is so rude....2 of the items went missing in one day...never happened before, wouldnt suprise me if he threw them in the bin!

Now you're getting paranoid.

Is this a one way thing.... are you the nicest person who goes into the post office all happy wishing everyone a good day?

Simple option - go to another post office.

Yes I have written a letter of complaint - with no result

Yes I have phoned many times customer services - with no result

Yes - I am always friendly when I go in despite them being rude anyway

No - I cannot go to a different post office and why should I? This one is in my own village....near work....why pay petrol costs to travel to another its them that needs to change not me?

I've go to be honest - when I lived in Crookes (until Feb '09) I used to avoid going to the one in Crookes like the plague.. My OH and I made a point everytime we went in of being super dooper nice and see if they were any nicer back. Its a bit of a standing joke between us about how awful they are in Crookes - and all our friends have mentioned how awful the staff in there are too.

Now I live in Lodge Moor and the post office staff on Redmires Road couldn't be nicer - they have really gone out their way to help and didn't mind when I brought in 5 million items I'd ebay-ed and had to post.

Everytime you print out postage via paypal the cost to us - the consumer - is the same as going to the post office. The lady in Lodge Moor post office said "more parcels the better" because they get a certain % of every sale.

Tiz's top tip - avoid Crookes - go to lodge moor!

Why should that post office have to address it's whole customer service policy just because you have complained.

If a significant number of people have complained then you will see changes.

If you see no changes and no response it is likely that you are the only one who has complained. They will not change anything at the risk of upsetting all the other customers.

Tesco etc have customer service desks because they know that if someone is not happy they will go to another supermarket. You're right in saying the Post Office has no competition and customer service is probably not high on the agenda, but if they do what you ask them to do then what is the fuss. Each branch has loads every day to do - the staff work really hard so forgive them if they don't serve you with a smile.