Post Office rudeness in Sheffield

The thing is if certain postal staff continue to have such a grumpy attitude the likes of myself and my other half will start printing out postage online to avoid "ohh you want to POST something? what do you think this is? A POST OFFICE!?!" and they will loose out on their % of the sale and thus close down. I support my local post office now I've got a good one in Lodge Moor and wouldn't dream of printing postage out online but the people of Crookes aught to rebel - how those people still have a job is beyond me...

the people in the lateshopper post office at bocking lane are fantastic folk with one exception, a bloke that was a temp, i bought a postal order which i asked for it not to be crossed (three times!), i was sending it by recorded delivery and so popped it straight into the envelope...

the person that i posted it to got in touch to let me know that he'd recieved it BUT IT WAS CROSSED:rant::rant:, the dozy git had crossed it when i repeatedly asked him not to:confused:...

the person wasn't a native of this country but spoke very good english so why the hell he crossed it is beyond me and now the chap that needed the money quickly has to wait for it clearing through the bank:mad::mad::mad::mad:

john:mad:

oooh I haven't been to the one on London Road - perhaps that one could be our second stop on "Tonight with Tizhimi - Post Offices gone rude" after the one on Crookes

Perhaps they could go on to Woodseats after.....I once witnessed a horrible scene there where the postmaster came from behind the screen and pushed his face right up an OAP and verbally abused him just because he was saying he had been stood there 20 minutes....he told him 'there's the door use it - go elsewhere if you don't like it' which was appalling considering the old chap was a local and probably couldn't walk far. I was very shocked, any other business and you'd be fired with that kind of customer service, never mind respect.

Now I live in Lodge Moor and the post office staff on Redmires Road couldn't be nicer - they have really gone out their way to help and didn't mind when I brought in 5 million items I'd ebay-ed and had to post.

Everytime you print out postage via paypal the cost to us - the consumer - is the same as going to the post office. The lady in Lodge Moor post office said "more parcels the better" because they get a certain % of every sale.

Are you seriously talking about the post office at the shops on Rochester Road??? The one staffed by the "merhcant of doom" as he is known to *many* of us who go to Fulwood to avoid him?! The one who always says about whatever service you need "they're going to stop this you know". Or "I'll be surprised if this doesn't get lost and then you'll have to claim for it". And I've seen him be astoundingly rude to some people - making remarks to one young woman about her not being very bright (I didn't see any evidence of it). And if he's not doing that, he's trying to sell me cheap handbags. The lady is O.K. but they do have problems with that poor old blind labrador they keep behind the counter with them. Sometimes it starts barking loudly for nothing at all and conversation with whoever's serving you then gets very difficult!

Oh yes, there was the time at Christmas when he swore blind for 3 days he didn't have a parcel I'd had sent there from the sorting office, despite the sorting office being able to tell me exactly what time the van had called there with the parcel. And then he tried to take the 50p charge from me for keeping the parcel, despite the big notice saying it was waived for the Christmas period.

Are you seriously talking about the post office at the shops on Rochester Road??? The one staffed by the "merhcant of doom" as he is known to *many* of us who go to Fulwood to avoid him?! The one who always says about whatever service you need "they're going to stop this you know". Or "I'll be surprised if this doesn't get lost and then you'll have to claim for it". And I've seen him be astoundingly rude to some people - making remarks to one young woman about her not being very bright (I didn't see any evidence of it). And if he's not doing that, he's trying to sell me cheap handbags. The lady is O.K. but they do have problems with that poor old blind labrador they keep behind the counter with them. Sometimes it starts barking loudly for nothing at all and conversation with whoever's serving you then gets very difficult!

Oh yes, there was the time at Christmas when he swore blind for 3 days he didn't have a parcel I'd had sent there from the sorting office, despite the sorting office being able to tell me exactly what time the van had called there with the parcel. And then he tried to take the 50p charge from me for keeping the parcel, despite the big notice saying it was waived for the Christmas period.

Oh goodness they've been great with us!! (maybe it is just in comparison to the Crookes post office they seem amazing)

i have to agree about sheffield i went in today at 17:20 and was stood waiting for a stamp, no one else waiting just me. they were just chatting and cashing up!

is that really the only post office in the centre? Sheefield must be the only city centre that does not have its on post office building! id be snappy if i worked in that old place!