Post Office rudeness in Sheffield

so forgive them if they don't serve you with a smile.

Sorry but I just don't buy that. If I don't smile I get shot. You should see my smile now. I have it tattoo-ed across my face whilst at work!! :hihi:

there is no excuse for not having service without a smile...in my job i see hundreds of people a day and i work for the NHS...you cant really go anywhere else for treatment can you ....like the post office you cant post a letter anywhere else...but the NHS still does service with a smile and ONE complaint in the NHS means things in that department e.t.c change. So they should take view of the complaints for that particular post office. I honestly dont think being on your mobile phone whilst serving customers is good service...also then weighing 3 itesm wrongly and undercharging meaning the person receiving them would have had to pay extra costs plus admin fee....its rudeness...no excuse...and yes they serve lots of people but so do other shops and they are never tha rude

Its like looking at a smacked backside seeing their faces every time i go into that post office!

And Tiz..thats funny about being really nice and seeing if they were still rude...I am also nice to them it makes no difference!

And Tiz..thats funny about being really nice and seeing if they were still rude...I am also nice to them it makes no difference!

I sell a LOT of junk on ebay - they didn't like me very much. We've got a standing joke that goes something along the lines of ...

(cue old man with very strong Sheffield accent)

"ohh you want to POST something? what do you think this is? A POST OFFICE!?!"

We now subsitute this saying for any poor service anywhere - its funny in my head :hihi: :hihi:

Try speaking up. I went into the post office for help with a passport application. I had printed the forms online but was unsure about a couple of thing. The woman behind the counter became very abrupt and patronising - so I said, there's no need to have a go at me, I'm just asking for help with sending this passport app in. Then she was more helpful :hihi:

ha ha there are the odd few post offices which i have used which are really good...but just not near home/work so cant use often...where i lived before i lived there for 20 years some of the same people had always worked there and honestly even though they KNEW me well they were still mardy at work and annoyed if you posted something and not buy a stamp!! maybe its in the job description ' Must have a angry looking face, Must hate people, Must move as slowly as possible'.

You go in and post 1 item recorded and it takes them 10 mins!

Janey - I know what you mean but if i have to use the post office a lot and if they recognise me as THE ONE WHO IS FUNNY TO THEM they will probably chuck some of my letters in the bin...and know its not being paronoid...people DO do that...why not...throw it in the bin instead of the mail bag people would never know....!