'Spoon' bistro in Woodseats

Has anyone been in lately? any good? I went in for a breakfast a week after opening and frankly wasn't that impressed but i was wondering if they'd 'settled in' (did notice a sign on the door advertising for a new chef recently, significant or not?)

I would think that the "new chef" sign is significant. It is trying to say, "come in, we promise it will be better than last time".

Because by some accounts it wasn't so good before.

Is that what they calll Wetherspoons in Woodseats now? There'll be a Cafe Nero's there next!

This place certainly needs a new chef. The one they had on our visit was allegedly Spanish but served up chips in tomato sauce as patatas bravas.

When I went past at 1715 tonight, it was all closed up - hopefully for good! :hihi:

When I went past at 1715 tonight, it was all closed up - hopefully for good! :hihi:

Harsh. I found the owner chap to be really friendly and I liked what they had done with the inside.

This place certainly needs a new chef. The one they had on our visit was allegedly Spanish but served up chips in tomato sauce as patatas bravas.

:rant: MANUEL! This "patata bravas" That "chips in ketchup" This "smack on head".

The only Spoons I know of in Woodseats is the Woodseats Palace and that's very much still open, or at least it was last night.

The only Spoons I know of in Woodseats is the Woodseats Palace and that's very much still open, or at least it was last night.

The Spoon ( not Spoons ) this thread is about is the cafe/ bistro on Abbey Lane.

I've been , not overly impressed and will not be rushing back.

I've been too - thought it was quite nice... though maybe not nice enough to venture back again (esp as its a bit of a trek for us coming from S10)