Boycott all things Apple.

In my experience people who use the term fanboys are usually jealous they cant afford said items, not that they would EVER admit it!

Aah yes, keep believing that old myth if it makes you feel better :hihi:

The iPhone -

Essentially, it is a phone like any other. It bugs me when people have to say they use their 'iPhone' and can't just say phone.

It plays music - What phone doesn't?

It can access the internet, like any other new phone can

It has an 'app for everything' - and so does any Android phone

The difference being you are not tied to just one make or model if you buy an Android. You can change to any other Android phone, whichever make or model you choose, and have essentially the same phone with the same functionality - At a much lower price than you paid for THE NAME of your iPhone

Why would you pay extra for something that does the exact same things, realistically? Just so you can put an 'i' in front when you talk about it?

Good old Steve Jobs :hihi::hihi:

Don't mention him by name unless you want a forum holiday :suspect:

Did you know that the Blu-ray disc format doesn't exist?

It's true.

It's only when ol' Steve finally starts shipping Blu-ray burners in their Macs (hint) that he will claim that Apple invented the Blu-ray format and the masses will realise that the Blu-ray dics format exists and that they absolutely need to have a Blu-ray player to carry on living.

At which point Apple will no doubt sue Sony for copyright and patent infringment :roll:

Jobs decried the idea of putting Blu-ray Disc drives into the Mac range as covered - and countered - here.

The latest version of Apple's entry-level desktop - the Mac mini - doesn't have an optical drive as covered here.

They even stopped pushing their DVD-Video authoring application a couple of years back as can be seen here.

Apple are the biggest technology company in the world and have more cash than the US government but they seek to stop freedom of choice.

Though I've no doubt Apple would rather the choice be Apple products and nothing else, that isn't what this legal action is about. This is about defending what they believe is their IP.

They have no choice, if they don't defend them, they lose them. They also have a responsibility to their shareholders to defend them.

It's not personal, it's not about restricting choice, it's just a legal process they have to go through as part of their everyday business.

Happens all the time.

The iPhone -

Essentially, it is a phone like any other. It bugs me when people have to say they use their 'iPhone' and can't just say phone.

It plays music - What phone doesn't?

It can access the internet, like any other new phone can

It has an 'app for everything' - and so does any Android phone

The difference being you are not tied to just one make or model if you buy an Android. You can change to any other Android phone, whichever make or model you choose, and have essentially the same phone with the same functionality - At a much lower price than you paid for THE NAME of your iPhone

Why would you pay extra for something that does the exact same things, realistically? Just so you can put an 'i' in front when you talk about it?

Lets see if I can make you see sense and stop beig so narrow minded. :roll:

Your ignorance and stereotyping amuses me. Not everyone with an iphone will say 'pass me my iphone' (as an example) they will just say 'pass me my phone'. Thats what I say, what my hubby says and what people I know say. Im wondering how a person can have so much hate towards an inanimate object, its pathetic! You called me an apple fanboy earlier even after i told you I like some apple products and not others! That doesnt even make sense! I would never be ignorant enough to hate 1 particular brand. Im intelligent enough to realise different brands make products which will all have good points and bad points and that the name alone wouldnt stop me or make me buy the product! I suggest you take a step back and realise how childish and ignorant you sound at your constant bashing of a company. I dont hate any company! I love some sony products, microsoft products, apple products etc.... I love my iphone as much as i love my new steam generator iron, so am i amswan fanboy as well? Because i know they all have decent products. Nor do most sane people stereotype people just for having 1 or 2 items of a particular brand!

I have more sony and hotpoint products in my house than Apple, so am i a fan boy of those as well? See how stupid you sound LOL

Though I've no doubt Apple would rather the choice be Apple products and nothing else, that isn't what this legal action is about. This is about defending what they believe is their IP.

They have no choice, if they don't defend them, they lose them. They also have a responsibility to their shareholders to defend them.

It's not personal, it's not about restricting choice, it's just a legal process they have to go through as part of their everyday business.

Happens all the time.

I'm not so sure about that. Apple Offers Flawed Evidence in Lawsuit against Samsung. On top of that, the page Galaxy Tab screen Apple show in their evidence is not the Tab's home screen but the list of applications screen - you can see the differences in the image in that article.

Apple appear to have been playing fast and loose with the evidence they have presented to the court so as to imply that the Galaxy Tab is more similar to the iPad than it is in order to disrupt their competitor's sales.

The injunction has now been suspended.

I have more sony and hotpoint products in my house than Apple, so am i a fan boy of those as well? See how stupid you sound LOL

Maybe you should change your username to hotpointlover?

Lets see if I can make you see sense and stop beig so narrow minded. :roll:

Your ignorance and stereotyping amuses me. Not everyone with an iphone will say 'pass me my iphone' (as an example) they will just say 'pass me my phone'. Thats what I say, what my hubby says and what people I know say. Im wondering how a person can have so much hate towards an inanimate object, its pathetic! You called me an apple fanboy earlier even after i told you I like some apple products and not others! That doesnt even make sense! I would never be ignorant enough to hate 1 particular brand. Im intelligent enough to realise different brands make products which will all have good points and bad points and that the name alone wouldnt stop me or make me buy the product! I suggest you take a step back and realise how childish and ignorant you sound at your constant bashing of a company. I dont hate any company! I love some sony products, microsoft products, apple products etc.... I love my iphone as much as i love my new steam generator iron, so am i amswan fanboy as well? Because i know they all have decent products. Nor do most sane people stereotype people just for having 1 or 2 items of a particular brand!

can I just say, I've never called YOU or anyone else for that matter, a fan boy, or fanboi. :hihi:

You may well be an exception in not rubbing in everyone's faces that you own an 'i'Phone every time you mention your phone. Everyone else seems to! They also tend to take any chance they can to talk about them. Unfortunately for you, you picked a bad name and get caught up in these type of threads. None of my comments are directed at you and your home full of various brands of electrical goods.

I actually don't hate Apple either, or any of their products. Just how people will rave about them, when as I posted above, they're all the same bloody thing. You do not need to own an iPod Touch, and an iPhone as well as an iPad, thats silly. Yet so many people do. I would rather have an equally good phone though, at a lower price, and refuse to pay extra for a little apple on the back case, and a built in memory (I would rather have a memory card that I can transfer between devices)

Edited by Leah-Lacie

Yawn

So let me get this we have an android fanboy protesting at how crap apple is and that we should boycot them and then the apple apple fanboys retalliating.

There are same things said about xbox and ps3 but I never get the point I have had both android and apple here is my opinion

I liked both phones but I did find problems with both phones the android os is buggy and has some security issues that I believe they are fixing.

The main thing with iphones and apple produsts are they are pretty loocked down but with certain software and a bit of knowledge you can get round that and I dont mean jailbreaking.

I think it all depends what you want from a phone but to have a repulsion to a certain company just seems childish.

iphone simply isn't a scientific choice and can't be justified logically.

Like buying an Aston Martin instead of a Ford Mondeo

Like buying an Aston Martin instead of a Ford Mondeo

More like buying an Alfa Romeo instead of a Ford Mondeo.

Looks a bit nicer, is a bit more exiting to drive, not really that different.