Let's Support Hillsborough

No one has upset me its just a bit like stepford Wives for my taste.I am sure when you get to know them personally they turnout to be a very tolerant and sociable set of individuals.Are you a resident yourself Milady?

Nope, I live in a bog standard house in one of the older established parts of Hillsborough. ;)

Nothing wrong with Holme Lane.

Nothing wrong with Holme Lane.

One of the best houses in Hillsborough is on Holme Lane. But its not mine - I'm much nearer the park, which is great as I walk through it several times most weeks.

One of the best houses in Hillsborough is on Holme Lane. But its not mine - I'm much nearer the park, which is great as I walk through it several times most weeks.

I know the one -it has that WC/Tardis outside it.sed to be a doctors and then a dentists before being occupied by squatters in the mid -70s.The houses up by the park and surprisingly quite sought after,many commanding up to six figures.Have you noticed the influx of so-called professionals who have been prices out of Walkley and Wadsley?

When you say 'lets not start negative' does that mean we're not allowed to say anything negative?? Because to me Hills is an absolute dump now looks like Castle Markets when driving through today. And its ever since Whetherspoons opened, its done down hill, cheap booze for ya, not that i don't appreciate it!!

Has someone who lives on that estate upset you?

Really, I'm at a loss to know how you could generalise about everyone who lives on any estate. Its like saying everyone who lives in Sheffield has a chip on their shoulder about those who aspire to or achieve some level of success.

Of course I know not everyone in Sheffield thinks like that, just a minority. ;)

It is a bit like legoland I have to say. It was much nicer when it was an asylum!

21.easy to get out of

22.diverse shops ie butchers,herons,butchers,Fultons,estate agents,Farm foods,banks,b utchers,estate agents,Wilkos,butchers,betting shops,card shops,gift shops,Home Bargains,the precint,etc.

23.cultural diversity,monolithic white majority

24.tattooed ladies

25.bearded ladies

26.pavement cafe(outside butchers)

27.cash machines

28.the sport bar

29.DIY ebay in Freemasons

30.travel agents who have always just come back fron the resort where you want to stay-its reet nice with loads of English bars etc,etc,

Heh heh! Cruel but funny. Some truth in there too.

If I'm forced to be positive though-

1. New Barrack Tavern.

2. Mann's.

3. Eve's.

4. Cupcake place.

5. Bits of the park.

6. Library.

7. Erm...

8. That's it.

Edited by gularscute

Wadsley Park gated community for third rate aspirant yuppies.Setti collis who buy the value branded ice-cream in FarmFoods,ready made sauces in HB and still charge top dollar to punters who think spaghetti comes in tin cans.

My god you talk a load of bull. Someones a yuppie for buying a nice house on a well kept new area. It has STUNNING grade 2 listed buildings which have been wonderfully renovated, with the juxtaposition of new. Lovely lawned areas, a great kiddies park which never gets vandalised, nice little football pitches, areas of untouched woodland, Protected fossils which go back over 300 years, a stunning old church... I could go on! Its not just a new standard housing estate, its got deep history which stands within new but yet stands as one! Living here is so relaxing and when im walking my dogs through fossil forest and looking at the stunning views of the grade 2 listed clock tower rising through the new with the sun setting beyond it truely is amazing and feels a million miles from the hussle and bustle of hillsborough.

As for the people who live here they are no different to the people in other areas where ive lived including Hillsborough, Crookes. Crosspool, whiston, stannington... Just Friendly down to earth, working class people who will pass the time of day when out walking the dogs etc...

There is only one reason a person can go out of their way to be as negative as you are about an area thats steeped in history more than any other place nearby, has plenty of green land, has friendly people, safe, well kept, no trouble, peaceful etc.... and thats pure jealously!

I can understand people not like new built houses, some prefer older character properties. Thats fair enough. However your critism wasnt even substantial. Green is certainly not your colour.

Edited by iphonelover

Hillsborough isn't a complete dump.

Let's not forget the famous Hillsborough Tree penguins! :D

My god you talk a load of bull. Someones a yuppie for buying a nice house on a well kept new area. It has STUNNING grade 2 listed buildings which have been wonderfully renovated, with the juxtaposition of new. Lovely lawned areas, a great kiddies park which never gets vandalised, nice little football pitches, areas of untouched woodland, Protected fossils which go back over 300 years, a stunning old church... I could go on! Its not just a new standard housing estate, its got deep history which stands within new but yet stands as one! Living here is so relaxing and when im walking my dogs through fossil forest and looking at the stunning views of the grade 2 listed clock tower rising through the new with the sun setting beyond it truely is amazing and feels a million miles from the hussle and bustle of hillsborough.

As for the people who live here they are no different to the people in other areas where ive lived including Hillsborough, Crookes. Crosspool, whiston, stannington... Just Friendly down to earth, working class people who will pass the time of day when out walking the dogs etc...

There is only one reason a person can go out of their way to be as negative as you are about an area thats steeped in history more than any other place nearby, has plenty of green land, has friendly people, safe, well kept, no trouble, peaceful etc.... and thats pure jealously!

I can understand people not like new built houses, some prefer older character properties. Thats fair enough. However your critism wasnt even substantial. Green is certainly not your colour.

Aaaand breathe. Calm down fella. I think most of us know gnvqsos only exists to post drivel these days

Aaaand breathe. Calm down fella. I think most of us know gnvqsos only exists to post drivel these days

I am calm, plenty of full stops and commas ;)