Sheffield landlords who let to Benefit-claiming tenants?

Dammit Rach, We just rented a house in S20 which was previously used by someone with a million cats. If I had known I would have let you know. Despoit? credit check? extra for pets? that's all crap in my eyes. End of the day the goal is to earn money from house value. Insurance covers the rest. I don't do any of that and private or DSS makes no odds to me.

Not been funny but why do people presume that people that have cats are gonna live in a house that smells and is full of hairs ?? Most people do housetrain their cats!! At the end of the day if the rent is paid and the house is kept clean why is their a problem ?? And if you have pet insurance any mishaps or damage to someone elses property is covered !

It is one of the reasons landlords dont accept pets as the above points are possible. I can aggree that there are some well behaved pets that do not cause any problems but there are the odd that do and it is those that spoil it for the majority.

I have a Labrador that sheds hairs and they get every where. Every nook and cranny. Only a Kirby vac can get them up. He leaves a stain on the carpet where he lies and I have the carpet cleaned every year to remove his hair oil stain. He cant help it but it happens and I have to clean his mess.

Also, if it is a Council leasehold for a flat, maisonette for example, you may find that pets are not allowed under the terms of the lease. This is the case for some privately owned ex Council leasehold properties.

It is unfortunate, the pets ban but its the usual thing, the minority that spoil it for the majority.

• 1 year later...

I dont understand this.. Why dont people accept DHSS?? At least if your renting a property to someone and they are offereing you this surely it is a garuanteed payment... It really annoys me. I'm looking for somewhere for me and my family to live and all the places i see are "NO DHSS" What am i supposed to do?!?!? And before any of you say "Get a job" or "Stop being a bum" I already have one lined up for the Autumn when my little girl is a bit bigger.