Sheffield landlords who let to Benefit-claiming tenants?

Why tell them,My nephew is disabled and on benefits,the housing benefit goes straight to my nephew and he then pays the landlord.

Why tell them,My nephew is disabled and on benefits,the housing benefit goes straight to my nephew and he then pays the landlord.

Most (if not all) private landlords credit check applicants, so if they lie they are even more unlikely to get a tenancy.

There are some landlords who will take Housing Benefit - seems like they haven't moved on from calling it 'DSS' though. :roll:

Don't know what these are like, but they might be worth a try: http://homes.trovit.co.uk/for-rent-dss-sheffield

I'd also try all the housiing associations: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/housing-services/homelessandhousingoptions/looking-for-a-home-or-needing-to-move/housing-association-accommodation

When ever I have had HB tenants they have to get the landlords signature on the HB application form. Could forge it I suppose but I would think you would be in quite serious trouble if you got caught.

Could you get a guarantor? If the guarantor qualifies then it would be a safe bet for the landlord. Probably safer than someone working as it is at the moment.

I have just asked my nephew about when he signed up for his house and for housing benefit you only have to supply the landlords details but dont have to tell them your on benefits anymore,most landlords do credit checks but those checks dont say if your working or not,

I personally would let them know if i was asked but as i have never been in that position who knows.

That would depend on what credit check you have done. I always go for the full check. They check to see if you are who you say you are, check on your employer and to see if the job you have declared is true and that you earn what you say you earn. They also go into your credit history and current credit score.

It is surprising how many fail on the affordability test and how many applicants have ccj's.

Place an advert on gumtree outlining your requirements and situation. Good luck!

just contact letting agents they will be able to advise.

Edited by Landlord101

Does anybody know of a Landlord that would consider a tenant with a DSS/Plus Part Time income as a tenant. I am looking for a 2 bed property in S17, S11, S10, S8 or s6 (Walkley or Crookes) area. I am currently claiming housing benefit having found myself out of work for the first time in my working career (25 years). I am a professional person and will not be out of work for an extended period and I have sufficient money to hand for a bond/rent/admin fees/additional security for a landlord who is willing to accept me as a tenant. I have 2 boys aged 13 and 8 one at Notre Dame and one at St Wilfrids and need to be a commutable distance from their schools. I can provide professional references for work and a reference from my current landlady if required. Please can you contact me to discuss any potential properties you may have which would be suitable. The reason for moving is my Landlady wants to change the use of my existing flat to offices.

Edited by lewissmum

Hi, do a lot of work for landlord letting network, you should give them a call always happy to help and very friendly.

Find more details here - https://landlordlettingnetwork.co.uk

Regards

Brad

BL locksmiths

Anyone know any private landlords who will accept Housing Benefit?

Needing to be housed as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

Landlord letting network - Google them very helpful people.