Petrol pumps run over by 1p / 2p

How odd as i have the same problem and some Petrol Stations , Its the odd 1p or 2p

If you stop short, at say 29.95, then get 5p change, save all the 5p coins, and in a year (or two!) you can fill your tank with what you have saved!

9 times out of 10, the petrol station attendant isn't bothered about a penny or two anyway. Most on em can't be arsed to count out a load of change so they let you off. I've been in a few lately that have a tray of coppers that you can help yourself to if you're short.

The BP garage on Birley moor road is exactly the same robbing dogs!!!!!! Weights and measures should drop by.

robbing dogs

Yeah 'cos if 1000 people go over a day by 1p that's a whole extra £10 in their pocket :loopy:

Just be more careful when filling up. if you can't afford a 1p mistake then you really should sell your cars !

I can't see the problem. So it goes over by 1p, you're just putting 1p's worth more fuel in your car.

The Esso at Chapeltown does the same. you can put in £10 exactly, stop filling, go to replace the pump and then it will run over 1p.

The Esso at Chapeltown does the same. you can put in £10 exactly, stop filling, go to replace the pump and then it will run over 1p.

Now heres food for thought, could it be that people are being heavy handed when returning the filler to the pump and pushing on the lever and making it go up slightly?

In 10 years of driving i have never found this a problem at any fuel station.

Now heres food for thought, could it be that people are being heavy handed when returning the filler to the pump and pushing on the lever and making it go up slightly?

In 10 years of driving i have never found this a problem at any fuel station.

Me either. Sometimes I do go over by that odd 1p or 2p. But I combat that issue by thinking ahead and I have a little coin bag in my door pocket with a few 1s and 2s. Problem solved.

Perhaps people should experiment by trying to stop at every whole pound.

Perhaps people should experiment by trying to stop at every whole pound.

Or stop a penny short, take your power back by forcing them in to giving you that penny.

I can't see the problem. So it goes over by 1p, you're just putting 1p's worth more fuel in your car.

How does that explain the increase by 1 or 2 pence that sometimes magically appears after the pump has been put back and you are half way to the till.