Digital Cameras

We have an Office Depot here, which I think you also have in the UK? Anyway they are doing a deal for $19.95 for an I/O Magic Internal CD RW drive. Approx 12 pounds sterling. Wot a deal!

Ebay is good too but electronics are so cheap in the shops there's always some good price wars going on.

Originally posted by halevan

Why can't I buy a Digital Camera which has a mains lead to fit the make of camera that I buy ,instead of having to buy a universal one with different size plugs that do not connect properly?

The usual reason for this is to avoid people using a power supply that is incorrectly phased up or down to the correct amp or voltage...

It's very easy to blow a piece of electronics by goosing it with the wrong current... which is obviously a lot more inconvenient than just not being able to plug it into anything

I started buying Sony gear whenever possible a few years ago, mainly because Hewitts on Ecclesall Road will give you about 15% discount if you ask them, so I can buy Sony for the price of Toshiba!

The result is that now everything has the same badge (even the PC's) and everything uses the same power leads and memory sticks. accessories, etc, etc. It sames a fortune in the long run and it means that at last I travel light when I go away on business. I discovered USB charging leads on eBay to sort out the other stuff like the PDA and mobile. So, travelling with digicam, video recorder, laptop, mobile phone, pda and shortwave radio means just 1 transformer and 3 wires. Heaven!

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Funky Dave

I quite fancy buying a digital camera, can anyone recommend a good one? Preferably £250 or less.

My latest one ( a canon ) cost £130. It's 3.2 megapixel, it massages you, does the ironing, and hoovers up crumbs.

Go to Jacob's or Jessop's, tell them you've got £250 to spend and I'll bet they spend it for you.

Archived